Hey all, Ive recently started a new job so I can finally afford to fix my Ibanez RG320FM!.. I know its not a super Ibanez but its my first so I have been fixing it up for quite a while now! Anyways.. the trem on the guitar has been out of action for AGES now (Edge 3) it was okay for the first couple of months but it NEVER returns to perfect pitch anymore and there is NO WAY it could be used live with the band... unless I wanted to look like a complete tit. I think the edge 3 really is a bedroom guitarist's trem!.

So Ive got some moneys now and Ive been looking around and reading bit and found a good UK based trader for the Ibanez Lo-Pro Trem, apparently this is the best available (ZR wont fit my guitar!). Does anyone know if the new trem would fit into my Ibanez RG320.. replacing the Edge 3 in there at the moment??

If anyone who actually has experience wants to post, feel free

Cheers, chris
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
no way!!.. ah crap. is the Edge Pro a top of the line trem? this is for LIVE use it needs to be as good as possible!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
I have been talking (via e-mail) to the guy at cottamguitars.co.uk and he reckons the trem post positioning for a Lo-Pro "should" be the the same for an edge 3 and it would just require a little routing work to the body so it can accomodate the Lo-Pro.. to be honest tho the guys wasn't overly helpful.. lots of maybe's and if's.. he tell's me he will charge around 125pound to fit and setup the trem.. he seemed pretty sure about that part lol.
Quote by Count Seanula
OOO, just found this cool tutorial on Projectguitar.com (awsome site btw!) CLICK HERE. I think im going to buy the trem and try to fit it myself!! ..then if I can't I'll have it fitted for me, but the tutorial looks pretty strait forward.. I'll just have to work slowly and carefully!
Quote by Count Seanula
I would PM madpickin03 or pifty to see what they say will fit. I have an older RG320FM that I put an Edge Pro in, but I think mine had the Edge Pro II originally. The Edge Pro is definitely a top of the line trem, but I don't think it will fit the routing for an Edge III. IIRC, an OFR would fit without routing, but you should PM one of those guys to be sure.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids