Afternoon all.

I was chatting to Andrew and I think that this has the potential to be an excellent idea.

The thread would be a place to list any cd's or vinyls you're willing to sell or trade, perhaps certain requests for an album or single you may want to get hold of or even links to any ebay auctions you may be having.

id like to get your feedback on this to see if its worthy of a thread and to see how many of you alt-heads would be down for this idea.

details will be finalized later but your feedback at this time is welcome.

peace

jon

Great thread idea!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
i'd be up for it. i know i have things i want that others might no longer need and same goes for the other way around.

would it all be organized in here or would we use some sort of an outside site to do it?
Well, we can't compensate if someone decides to cheat someone else out of money, so it's recommended that exchange of money goes through paypal where you can make a claim. People can use recordnerd or whatever list they have, but be reasonably careful. I'd recommend ebay, but then if you're willing to charge someone £6 for a record and they then get outbid on ebay for £10, you might feel a bit bad. Depends how you want to do it really, but feel free to post up any lists of your wants or what you want rid of. Can just be text on here or an ebay link of yours or a recordnerd link.

Oh, and if something does go wrong within a trade, report it and we'll deal with the person appropriately (in regards to the board).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i dig
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
How about doing it through play.coms marketplace? That way you can set the price and out it up when agreed with the buyer and they can go straight there and buy it without worrying about being outbid, they also don't charge extra for delivery like amazon marketplace.

I really like this idea though
i suppose you could ^

its at your discretion.

this isnt the proper thread. this is just the idea thread.

we'll start the proper thread sometime soon after we get a good interest going
would bootlegs be done here too?
you know the blanks and postage deal, like in the old days.
I'm all for swapping albums in digital form, but I'm not so sure about actually selling/trading my hard copies. Is all the Megaupload kind of stuff copasetic?

My Recordnerd is in my sig. I know they say "Not for Trade" but I'll forego that for fellow UGers.
Quote by slinks
I'm all for swapping albums in digital form, but I'm not so sure about actually selling/trading my hard copies. Is all the Megaupload kind of stuff copasetic?

My Recordnerd is in my sig. I know they say "Not for Trade" but I'll forego that for fellow UGers.

exactly. im not to fond on selling my records to net buddies
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Last edited by sponj at Oct 22, 2007,
You know the stance on uploading/downloading on this forum.

Play/amazon, sounds fair enough. I'd recommend having some kind of list and then if someone wants to buy it from you organise it with them how to exchange the money. Any way to try and cut out bastards ripping you off is good.

Bootlegs, not sure really. The problem is it will lead to people sharing downloaded copies of real albums and cause more problems. Will have to think about that a bit more.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
You know the stance on uploading/downloading on this forum.

Yeah, it's a bit like United States marijuana laws: it's illegal, but it's not that illegal and it stops absolutely no one from partaking.
It is a good idea on paper, but personally, and I assume that some others feel the same way, I would rather order it for full price on amazon and get what I want without having to worry about getting cheated, or have to deal with the unprofessional manner of trading/selling online.

Just my opinion. I don't think I'll use this.
i've always liked the idea, but i don't really own many cds, and i don't want to part with any of my vinyl.

Quote by slinks
Yeah, it's a bit like United States marijuana laws: it's illegal, but it's not that illegal and it stops absolutely no one from partaking.

just say no

i hope you kids are old enough to get that.
Last edited by starsnostars at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by starsnostars

just say no

i hope you kids are old enough to get that.

Of course. 'Twas only for the sake of metaphor.
Quote by starsnostars
i was jokingly saying that we should apply that to uploading/downloading in the forum.

I know, I know. Simply trying to set an example for the younguns.

Here that kids? Smoke the ganja and before you know it you're worshipping SATAN!

PSA over.
Well considering the crackdown over the past couple of days with the tv-links owner getting arrested and the Oink owner getting arrested, I think there's good reason to no do downloading on here.

Do what you want elsewhere, uploading here usually results in a ban

RateYourMusic
Quote by somewhat_here
sounds like a good idea. then i can trade in my koRn cds.
Who would want them?

This seems like a good idea, I'd buy some if I see the right ones.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by starsnostars
here's a psa for everyone:

smoke the ganja, and you'll turn into one of these people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh man, don't do that; scared the shit out of me.
Quote by Andrewbiles

Do what you want elsewhere, uploading here usually results in a ban

except mixes!!!

so are we going to try to do something?
we could do like slinks suggested and use recordnerd to keep track of what we want and what we have...
I think this is a pretty good idea. I know it might not be of relevance to Alt and Indie necc. but I just bought the rest of Blood Brothers vinyl to complete my collection(minus Ambulence Vs. Ambulence ep). I got Burn Piano Island Burn, Crimes, March On Electric Children, Rumors Laid Waste, and a Young Machetes cd(free with orders over $10).
My recordnerd link is in mt sig, it says all Not For Trade but I might be willing to trade some of them.