I'm building a small rack, compressor/gate/limiter unit, rack EQ unit, and a GMajor multifx. I haven't gotten it together yet, but I'm wondering if there is generally an order that works best for a setup like this. I only use the Gmajor for chorus/delay/reverb for the most part, the comp/eq/gate stuff is all turned off. Thanks.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
why are you going to have the comp/limiter/gate and EQ if its going to be off? if i were you i'd put all my effects in the effects loop, and run my guitar to the comp/gate/limiter then the EQ then the amp input
sorry for being unclear with that. The GMajor has a comp/gate/EQ built in, I meant those features on the GMajor were going to be turned off, since I have separate units for that. They are all rack units, so they will be in the fx loop. Thanks.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
sorry to disappoint man, that would have been far more interesting!
amp clips
amp vids
I dont really know orders, but Im gona say try around to see what sounds best to you!

Hope it works out mate!

And nah this is more interesting, racks dont leave you, nor critisize you!

yeah, that's what's going to end up happening I'm sure. Kind of wanted to know if there was any order that is preferred, or that didn't work well behind eachother. Oh well, guess I'll just have to experiment. Takes me a while that way too, because I like to explore the EQ and settings thoroughly when I test. I don't want to sit there for hours trying to dial out something that is inherent to the order I'm using.
amp clips
amp vids
There was a thread a while back about effect order, and someone linked the boss site, don't remember the link tho. It was about guitar pedals, but this should be pretty much the same thing. You might wanna search for that thread.

I'm not an expert, but I'd say guitar -> comp -> eq -> amp, and the GMajor in the effects loop.