hey guys, Im looking to buy a xbox 360. and i am wondering where the cheapest place to get one is. I keep seeing refurbished ones for like $250....should i stay away from those? Also, do i NEED one with the 20gb hard drive? and do i need xbox live Gold, or is silver fine. All i really want to do is play Halo 3 online.....

Thanks
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
I'll need my flame-resistant pyro suit for this one but... I am ready to face the wrath of UG just to be the first to say this...

Buy a kickass PC and get the orange box..... its much better

or even better yet...buy a crappy 360....forget halo 3...and buy the orange box for it !!!!! MWUAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FLAME ME *****Z!!!!

>_>;;;
Axe:
Ibanez AWD83T-TRD

Join the Anti-Nihilist Association of Life Seekers (ANALS)
If you are so unfortunate to think that life is meaningless, maybe you should end yours
Just get one pre-owned or something.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure to play online, you need Gold. Silver allows you to see if friends are online etc. (and maybe talk to them, not sure), but I think you need Gold to play.

Oh, and Gears of War beats Halo 3 to a pulp with its bare fists.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Halo 3 > GoW.

Gears of war = GET TO THE CHOPPA -lol cutscene- LOOK THARS A WALL, HIDE HIDE HIDE, LOL SHOOT HIDE SHOOT RELOAD AW CRAP TOO GAY TO DO IT RIGHT. SHOOOOOT.

Halo 3 = GRENADE BEETCH. LOL DOUBE KILL -headshot'd- aw sh!t.

They both kinda suck but halo 3 provides many, many more hours of gameplay >_> Unless you try GoW's insane campaign setting like I did. Only took me like 6 hours to do though. Which is still slow but to clear through a story, snap. Short.

&& You need the hard drive AND xbox live gold if you want to play online.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by BuryMeInBliss
haha you cant compare halo 3 with project gotham racing!

and yes to the guy about orange box, PORTAL!!!!!

cheers
Axe:
Ibanez AWD83T-TRD

If you are so unfortunate to think that life is meaningless, maybe you should end yours
Quote by JamieB
Just get one pre-owned or something.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure to play online, you need Gold. Silver allows you to see if friends are online etc. (and maybe talk to them, not sure), but I think you need Gold to play.

Oh, and Gears of War beats Halo 3 to a pulp with its bare fists.

Gears of war is a peace of crap. They made the graphics awesome, but forgot the gameplay. Weapons sucked, and everything took 30 bullets to die. thats BS.

Anyways your not gonna find a place that is going to sell 360 cheaper. Maybe check out Fry's. If there is one near you. But make sure to find a package deal that included xbox live and a hard drive. you NEED the hard drive!!!
You might be fine with a refurbished console, but I'd recommend a new one. If you want to play online then you need a gold membership for Xbox Live. It's only $60 for a full year (Only $5 a month) so it really isn't expensive at all. You can't play online with a Silver membership, all you can do is use it to download stuff from the marketplace.
Quote by Metallica rulz
war is a peace

Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Zatchel
I'll need my flame-resistant pyro suit for this one but... I am ready to face the wrath of UG just to be the first to say this...

Buy a kickass PC and get the orange box..... its much better

or even better yet...buy a crappy 360....forget halo 3...and buy the orange box for it !!!!! MWUAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FLAME ME *****Z!!!!

>_>;;;

AGREED!!!!!!

Orange box is SOOOOO ****ing good

but you can get it on the 360.....but pc's better :p
get a ps3.... counterstrike kicks halos ass always has...
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Quote by Ishiga
Halo 3 > GoW.

Gears of war = GET TO THE CHOPPA -lol cutscene- LOOK THARS A WALL, HIDE HIDE HIDE, LOL SHOOT HIDE SHOOT RELOAD AW CRAP TOO GAY TO DO IT RIGHT. SHOOOOOT.

Halo 3 = GRENADE BEETCH. LOL DOUBE KILL -headshot'd- aw sh!t.

They both kinda suck but halo 3 provides many, many more hours of gameplay >_> Unless you try GoW's insane campaign setting like I did. Only took me like 6 hours to do though. Which is still slow but to clear through a story, snap. Short.

&& You need the hard drive AND xbox live gold if you want to play online.

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Metallica rulz
Gears of war is a peace of crap. They made the graphics awesome, but forgot the gameplay. Weapons sucked, and everything took 30 bullets to die. thats BS.

Only if you were inept and couldn't aim for the head. They went down quick enough that way.

Halo 3 is great dont get me wrong, but Orange Box walks all over it. Hell, Portal alone is worth the admission price.
The necessary steps in buying an xbox are as follows:

1) Buy an Xbox 360 Pro System or an Xbox 360 Elite System (I highly recommend the elite)
2) Buy a one year subscription to Xbox Live (This will be a gold subscription, not a silver)
3) Buy a Plug and Play pack to save yourself money on batteries
4) Buy Halo 3, The Orange Box, Bioshock, and Oblivion
5) Immerse yourself in a constant state of gameplay

Other games I recommend based on my own personal preference are:

Guitar Hero 3
Gears of War
Skate
**** orange box and **** gears. I have gears. I played it alot. The weapons don't ****ing work. The host advantage is worse than halo 2 and its just too boring. I hate halo 3 and i love it at the same time. Hell the weapons don't work as well but it still kicks gears of war's arse. Now cod4 is what you want. Make sure u get it when its released. Oh and yeah you need gold.
lol..... cod

Axe:
Ibanez AWD83T-TRD

Only next gen thread please.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o