So0o. any of you guys get out of school for the fires today? If so, what are you doing with your precious day off? my school was really unprepared. i showed up for zero period, and when i got there, the school had no power. the district called everybody who hadn't come to school yet, and told them that there would be no school. however, the district has to worry about liability so people who had already arrived at school couldn't leave without parent permission.

so basically, discuss the fires/wind in southern california.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
hahaha

fires! just set your schools and fire and loot all the guitars and ****!

we have like 30 yr old Vox's in ours!
Yeah, I don't have school today. But its all ****ty outside, so I'm just chillin' at home for now.My parents will make me stay home anyway, in case we have to get the hell out.
I got the day off
but it's an undergraduate holiday!
hahahaha the fire was right next to Pepperdine.
take that Pepperdine University!!!
(we're rivals with them)

edit: oh yea, with my days off (2 days off!!), i am gonna chill, forget about the midterms i took and play the guitar for hours on end....basically an extension of yesterday!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
hmmm....i go to UC Irvine....no emails about class being cancelled.
Are you sure you live in OC? or are you in LAC?

yep, oc. our school was actually canceled for power outages caused by the winds.

Hi fellow day-off-ers. I go to UCSD and we're on Red Alert here. I was brushing my teeth when my suitemate came in and said, "Dude, you know classes are canceled?" Best story ever.
why the **** would you do anything today? this is nothing to laugh at. people's home are gonna be ruined by this. just because you are not in imminent danger, it doesn't mean you have a free day!
Quote by metallifan1
why the **** would you do anything today? this is nothing to laugh at. people's home are gonna be ruined by this. just because you are not in imminent danger, it doesn't mean you have a free day!

nobody's laughing, chill. we realize the danger, my main purpose for the thread was discussing the events. sorry to those i offended.

Yeah, my school got cancelled. If these fires are anything last the ones in 2003 my house will most likely burn down

But, I already saved my guitar gear! Its all in the car
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Anyone heard about the idea that they may have been intentional? Just heard that on the news....at least one was thought to be intentional, didn't catch which one, because of the many starting points it has. Messed up crap!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I thought this was about Epiphone So-Cal amps blowing up

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by ezlntrooper
Anyone heard about the idea that they may have been intentional? Just heard that on the news....at least one was thought to be intentional, didn't catch which one, because of the many starting points it has. Messed up crap!

Yeah I heard the same thing... that guy is a dousche!

Yeah, its not by accident that so many fires were started at the same time though...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by ezlntrooper

yeah, i think it was the irvine fires. that is pretty pathetic.

Anyone else getting evacuated in the near future? My hometown may be getting evacuated within 3 or 4 hours.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

My kids dont have school today, I dont think any school santa clarita has school today, even the community college is down for today. Getting to work was hard, had to drive 30 minutes through a detour because part of the 14 was closed.
Quote by Napalmdeth
My kids dont have school today, I dont think any school santa clarita has school today, even the community college is down for today. Getting to work was hard, had to drive 30 minutes through a detour because part of the 14 was closed.

Yeah, all the schools in santee, lakeside, poway... pretty much the whole of East County

I didnt know so many people on here are in San Diego County!

Well, best of luck to all of you
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!