Thriller/action
18 17%
spoof (e.g shaun of the dead, spoof of dawn of the dead
6 6%
a mix of answers, please detail
20 19%
Voters: 107.
Page 1 of 2
so, what is your favourite movie genre. i wanted to know what kind of movies the pit monkeys (you) preferred, so pick a genre and discuss your favourite movie

i prefer gory movies, my favourite is probably hostel, or black sheep, but i'm gettin hostel 2 soon, it came out on dvd today

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

I do like a bit of gore but I prefer classic horror films with the notion of actually being scary not just how many people you can kill.

I also like a good comedy, not that you get many these days, I can't stand american humour, where was the joke meant to be in that superbad film?

Oh and spoof is the same as comedy, I love shaun of the dead
Horror... Gory Horror
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I do like a bit of gore but I prefer classic horror films with the notion of actually being scary not just how many people you can kill.

I also like a good comedy, not that you get many these days, I can't stand american humour, where was the joke meant to be in that superbad film?

=[ I love Superbad.
Action and Comedy, and you do realise that in the poll you have spelt comedy wrong don't you? I hope...
Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
Action and Comedy, and you do realise that in the poll you have spelt comedy wrong don't you? I hope...

ye i did that on purpose, it was a ....ermmmm.....joke ye

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

I think I'm going to be in the minority here and say most things but gore and horror. I own the Shining, but apart from that I just don't really enjoy waiting through a film to 'be scared' just for the sake of it. I suppose my favourite genre would be war films
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
what the hell is "comodey?"
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by DougC84
what the hell is "comodey?"

rofl,its a mistake dude,just a simple type error,altleast it conveyed the message
dracula dead and loving it is the best movie ever
"gentlemen we are in luck.
why is that?
he is an imbecile!!!"
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Quote by ShamiqSevenfold
rofl,its a mistake dude,just a simple type error,altleast it conveyed the message

thanks dude!!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

i like black humor. i'm not talking soul plane, i'm talking ghost world or happiness.
pit says: 'ZOMG YOU FRGOT TH3 PRONZ'

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

whats comodey?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I can't begin to describe what kind of movie I like. It has to have a certain vibe, otherwise I get bored. If it looks the same and sounds the same as every other movie on a purely aesthetic level, I have a lot of trouble getting deeper into it. I tend avoid horror and gravitate towards quirky dark comedy and drama that isn't too heavy or bleak, but I love almost anything that's well done. Pseudo-related note, does anyone know of any movies with the sort of feel that Zodiac had? Not necessarily a crime thing, but with the same sort of pacing and soundtrack and camera work and composition and whatnot. I've been wanting to watch something like that all day.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Giant Tool
so, what is your favourite movie genre. i wanted to know what kind of movies the pit monkeys (you) preferred, so pick a genre and discuss your favourite movie

i prefer gory movies, my favourite is probably hostel, or black sheep, but i'm gettin hostel 2 soon, it came out on dvd today

I saw Black Sheep yesterday

What a weird movie
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

The whole movie was a joke.

A lot of females I talked to didn't like the movie though. You guys just don't get the penis thing...
Quote by Doofag
The whole movie was a joke.

A lot of females I talked to didn't like the movie though. You guys just don't get the penis thing...

Erm, what?

Shut up.

Gender is not related to film preference. Gender is not related to ANYTHING to do with this thread, why mention it as if I'm inferior for not liking some shitty movie?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Erm, what?

Shut up.

Gender is not related to film preference. Gender is not related to ANYTHING to do with this thread, why mention it as if I'm inferior for not liking some shitty movie?

Jesus Christ defensive bitch. I wasn't suggesting you were inferior I just saying the movie had more male oriented humor.

The movie ruled hard.
^ And what's 'male oriented' if it isn't conforming to pathetic outdated stereotypes?

It wasn't oriented towards anything, there's no rule that says one gender won't find a certain thing funny, it was just crap.
I would insult that little son of a bitch, but he appears to be banned.

I like comedy and a spoof or two if they're done well. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were great, but then that shitty Epic Movie was plain garbage. I don't watch movies too often, but when I'm going to the cinema I'll go for whatever has the coolest advert.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
**** like donnie darko or comedy
b/c i wanna laugh, not feel sick
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
One word: Commando. I love action films and Commando is as ridiculously great as they come! I like comedy films too, like Commando!
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by Doofag
Jesus Christ defensive bitch. I wasn't suggesting you were inferior I just saying the movie had more male oriented humor.

The movie ruled hard.

That's ironic
Did two people seriously say they liked Black Sheep?

Wow.

Worst movie I've ever seen, by a long shot.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Spoof,comedy,gory and horror are my favorites
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I like weird films with existentialist themes, like Donnie Darko, The Butterfly Effect, Fight Club, Final Destination, The Sixth Sense etc.
Quote by andyd93
Spoof,comedy,gory and horror are my favorites

Yes, but Black Sheep sucked at spoof, sucked at comedy, sucked at gore and sucked at horror.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
It depends on who made the movie, but in general:

Comedy
Historical/Epic
Gore
Fantastical (LOTR, Star Wars, etc. ...dork movies)

My favorite directors are the Coen Brothers, and there's usually many elements to their films. They're largely comedic pieces, though not always, and they're typically centered around a crime or shady dealings.
Page 1 of 2