alright. i know that tornado of souls involves a lot of downpicking, maybe not as much as master of puppets, but still a lot. i go through the entire song's rhythm guitar section at the right tempo every day, and yesterday i got it completely right. today, again i couldnt keep up with the speed. oh yeah, today i was playing along with a live video of megadeth playing the song.
what can this be?
They play it faster live? Or you weren't warmed up as much as yesterday maybe? I don't know to be honest but that is such a badass song.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Yeh i think the guy above me has it right.
Live, with adrenaline and everything songs tend to be more faster.

Weird cos I was just listening to this song for the first time in ages like a few minutes ago lol.
such an awsome song.
uhh when i play the rythm part of the song. wich is all I play sadly. i use downpicking, mix with alternate picking.
and yeah I always gotta warm up, it is fast.
I alternate pick most of it, although i do all downpicking on the palm muted verse riffs.

Play the solo though, it's fun
it's normal to be faster one day than you are the next. the human body's a strange thing, and while it can keep up at one time, it may not another. it could have to do with being warmed up, adrenaline, how well you truly "know" the song, sleep deprevation, personal mood, etc.

just keep practicing!
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by Ed Hunter
They play it faster live? Or you weren't warmed up as much as yesterday maybe? I don't know to be honest but that is such a badass song.

dude, the song is my warmup, that, then seek and destroy, creeping death and master of puppets, which thankfully i can play properly with downpicking.

and i cant play the solo either. i tend to think solos are not a part of speed metal songs and that i can play a song if i can play everything except the solo.
i suck at sweep picking