Poll: Should I buy this?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I buy this?
Yes, a great bargain!
14 67%
Nah, save up for something better.(please specify)
7 33%
Voters: 21.
Ok im thinking of buying this! Any other suggestions? Get something else instead? Oh BTW its only £15 used! I play classic rock and blues.
Attachments:
00000000000000000.jpg
Last edited by deepestpurple at Oct 22, 2007,
I've heard good things about it, meant to be pretty versatile

EDIT: and for £15 then you can't go wrong
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
it's a good price but to be honest, why settle for second best, it's like you wouldn't buy some cheapo product just because it's a good price, i'd rather save up and buy something that was pretty much taylored to my needs.
i agree with 3nemy. you really need somthing thats going to help YOU. not your wallet. if it's want you want and need, than get it. but i dont know what you need, so i cant answer that for you.
If you like it, yes, if not, well, I'd still buy it anyway and then put it on e-bay and make a bit of cash.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by The red Strat.
we don't know if it would suit you.
it won't get you even close to Santana tone for example.

I play classic rock and blues.
It's a rather versatile pedal. It probably won't do blues very well (in all the time I've owned mine, I've never really tried 0.o) but it can get good rock sounds. And for £15 it's a bargain, considering I paid double that for mine.
Quote by deepestpurple
I play classic rock and blues.

stop looking at distortion then.
look at overdrive pedals.

if you don't know the difference:
Overdrive-
Overdrive is often confused with distortion due to a similar "kind" of sound.. but overdrive re-creates the natural warm sound of a vintage tube amp that is being "overdriven" or is breaking up. when a tube amps volume is pushed beyond its capacity, they "break up" and begin to sound crunchy and distorted, the resulting sound is overdrive.

o styles
- Blues, Blues Rock, Fusion, Classic Rock

Distortion -
Distortion is what makes metal, rock, punk, grunge, etc... sound the way it does. you know what i mean, the crunchy riffs the screeming pinch harmonics and solos , that dirty ass bone crunching sound of death and pain marching across the land AAAARRRGGHHHH!!! that my friend, is distortion. Distortion is, sound wise anyways, a very extreme version of overdrive. That?s why a lot people think they're hearing distortion when they hear overdrive.>/br> Distortion cuts off the extreme high and low frequencies. In other words, it eliminates the highest highs and lowest lows, creating a distortion effect. distortion ranges from mild to ball shattering in intensity and thickness.

o styles
- Punk, Grunge, Heavy Metal, Death Metal and all other forms of metal you can think of
to hook it up ?
if you'll only use one pedal, you'll need two cables.
guitar-cable-pedal-cable-amp.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Oct 22, 2007,
Well, if its only £15, you can sell it for the same price if you don't like it (or give it to a friend )
Save up a little more and look at a Tubescreamer and others. That Boss pedal doesn't sound good for our genres (classic rock/blues.)
because it's not as good

look into these:
-digitech bad monkey (tubescreamer clone on a budget)
-BYOC screamer (just as good if not better than an ibanez TS808, which is considered one of the best tubescreamers)
-maxon OD808/9
Last edited by The red Strat. at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by The red Strat.
because it's not as good

Exactly.

Of course, personally I'd recommend the Maxon OD808 over any of the Ibanez models, but that's just me... You should try them all out and see which one you prefer
what's 15 euros? something like $25 in US currency? that doesn't sound like a bad deal, even if you don't like it you could probably turn a profit on it sometime.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I paid £45 new, so yes, go for it.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion