So I've been playing guitar since summer, and I'm decent for not getting any lessons or anything.
I have a crappy Fender Squier, I've been thinking about getting a Gibson Melody Maker with dual pick up.
It'only like $400, but like is it worth it or should I get something else or what...?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Melody-Maker-Dual-Pickup-Electric-Guitar-512641-i1173147.gc
Last edited by boobookittyfukc at Oct 22, 2007,
The best guitars are the ones you like playin, not neccessarily the ones that sound best. So, if you like it, go for it.
if you're talking about those ones in argos, i wouldn't get them if i was you. trust me, the squier is probably better, number 1, and number 2, you won't exactly be able to go into argos and ask for a set-up, advice, etc.? personally, i think you'd be better off sticking with the up-front approach and go to your local guitar store
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
It depends on what style of music you want to play, but just go and try a bunch out, and buy the one you like so much that you can't put it down!
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by dgme92
if you're talking about those ones in argos, i wouldn't get them if i was you. trust me, the squier is probably better, number 1, and number 2, you won't exactly be able to go into argos and ask for a set-up, advice, etc.? personally, i think you'd be better off sticking with the up-front approach and go to your local guitar store

i was talking about this one

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Melody-Maker-Dual-Pickup-Electric-Guitar-512641-i1173147.gc
Quote by stephen_rettie
dont buy a gibson cause its a gibson seriously they arent the penultimate guitars of the world, they're just the most overpriced

i wouldnt say that as i love the feel of gibsons more so then any other guitar.