What guitar should I purchase? I can only afford one of these and nothing more expensive. I have a Fender Bullet150 amp, I play variety of everything but mostly thrash, this will be my second guitar. Ive played for 1.5 years

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512896

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-AX260-Neck-Thru?sku=512883
Last edited by Boooonnngggggg9 at Oct 22, 2007,
Your links don't work for me. Well, they do, but they just send me to the Musicians Friend homepage...

But rather than get a second guitar, I think you should save for a new amp, because that would improve your tone much more.
Quote by Denthúl
Your links don't work for me. Well, they do, but they just send me to the Musicians Friend homepage...

But rather than get a second guitar, I think you should save for a new amp, because that would improve your tone much more.

ditto
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by Denthúl

Links worked before and I would get a new amp, but the thing is I need a guitar since my old one broke
I fixed the links sorry bout that. And you might call these guitars crap. But I can only spend 400ish and nothing more, and I dont have a job to save up. And since I dont have a guitar right now, Im kind of dying here! I want a guitar thats not like everyone else's but isnt silly looking, if you get that
The AL (first one) looks like it is ok, but check and see that it has an Original Floyd Rose and not a Licensed Floyd (most are not good.) It just says Floyd Rose. Most guitar ads specify one or the other.
The second guitar is made from agathis wood, which I don't think is good.
Truth is in my opinion you can get as good a guitar or better for a little less. Shop around. You might find a $250 guitar thats better, leaving $150 to put away for a better amp.
Quote by uldhppi
The AL (first one) looks like it is ok, but check and see that it has an Original Floyd Rose and not a Licensed Floyd (most are not good.) It just says Floyd Rose. Most guitar ads specify one or the other.
The second guitar is made from agathis wood, which I don't think is good.
Truth is in my opinion you can get as good a guitar or better for a little less. Shop around. You might find a $250 guitar thats better, leaving $150 to put away for a better amp.

Im sure its liscensed, I have not heard of anything bad about it in detail. I see some sites give bad ratings and others really good, it confuses me. Im not too particular on everything about a guitar, because well ive been playing for almost 2 years. I have time to get better later, like 2 years along the line. so yea if this pick up sounds good, better then a epiphone se, id be happy
Last edited by Boooonnngggggg9 at Oct 22, 2007,
Well all licensed Floyds are not necessarily bad. If you don't give it heavy use it might be ok. When given conflicting opinions on gear I look first at the experience levels of the critics. After I eliminate all I the opinions I think are worthless I average what's left. So if opinions are 50/50 then the trem may be ok for light use. Pseudo scientific but the best I can come up with. Good luck and don't forget about that amp upgrade.
the white Alexi looks pretty nice. I don't dig the shape of the second one, personally.

like others have said, a new amp will have the greatest effect on your tone. but a new guitar could also provide all kinds of inspiration!

my vote is on the Alexi. good luck.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
First of all find out whether you can adjust to just one pickup. If you can't, go for an RX10 instead. Same shape, Jackson, better guitar.

Specs pretty much the same, except the Jackson has Duncan Designed pickups, which I'd replace once you've got the money. Personally I would never buy an ESP guitar again, ever.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
K, I ordered the Alexi guitar. Dont worry this wont be my main guitar of my guitar learning life. But now that I have a guitar I need a new amp. So im sure I can sell my amp for 180 to a stupid kid lowest being 120. I want a Marshall amp cause they sound like the best amps for distortion. What would be the best amp to get under that price range. I know its very limited and if I cant get any good amp, **** it ill wait.
A roland cube might be good, but as far as marshalls go you cant get a real solid amp for less than 150. i have a marshall mg10cd and it has good distortion, but it could be wayhundredtimes better. i'm saving up for a B-52 AT-212. maybe you should too
The Alexi 200 is apparently a terrible guitar.

Look at the Edwards E-AL-128. It's a entry-level Alexi model from ESP, for the Japanese market, but you can get some on eBay etc. Amazing spec for the price.