http://www.wmms.com/cc-common/news/sections/entertainmentarticle.html?feed=104665&article=2813447

Author J.K. Rowling has confirmed what some Harry Potter fans have been speculating -- Hogwart's headmaster Albus Dumbledore was gay.

"If I had known this would have made you so happy, I would have told you years ago," Rowling told a full house of fans at New York's Carnegie Hall Friday.

Rowling said she slipped movie director David Yates a note about Dumbledore's sexuality after she noticed a reference to a girl in Dumbledore's past during the making of the sixth Potter film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, E! Entertainment reported.

Rowling, on her first U.S. book tour since 2000, said love briefly blinded Dumbledore to the evil of Gellert Grindelwald, who became a master of the dark arts in the Potter books.

"Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said, adding that after Dumbledore was horribly, terribly let down he went on to destroy Grindelwald in a classic wizard battle between good and evil.
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Yeah i heard it on the radio earlier i was like wtf?

What does it have to do with anything?
As if he wasn't already trying too hard to be Gandalf.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
This is why people complain about the search button.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
This is even better the 13th time!
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
What relveance does it have to the book? Why did she need to make him ghey? Cumon JK wtf, it has nothing to do with the book.
It's still weird. Why would you spend time thinking about the sexuality of characters in a book where sex has nothing to do with it? Why did Rowling feel the need to do this? WHY IS SHE GIVING FODDER TO THE FAN FICTION WRITERS!?
Quote by Douche ©
What relveance does it have to the book? Why did she need to make him ghey? Cumon JK wtf, it has nothing to do with the book.

side stories, half the content that it's in the books isn't relevant, but it makes the characters more 3-d and interesting
That's what she said
well think about it, it kinda does have something to do with it.... you couldn't have him just going around and doing things with teachers, it just wouldn't keep him as a symbol of respect. It just kinda solved the whole problem of him not having a wife too
It's just giving dead ringers ammunition for another series, how come all the good wizards turn out gay *cough*Gandalf*cough*. He'll never be gay to me, JK Rowlings just wrong
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
i don't get it if she didn't mention it in the books why would she mention it now?
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
It's just giving dead ringers ammunition for another series, how come all the good wizards turn out gay *cough*Gandalf*cough*. He'll never be gay to me, JK Rowlings just wrong

^ummm it's kinda her book so she really can't be wrong. But Gandalf's not gay, just the actor that plays him. Ian Mckellen(sp?) is still a godly actor anyway
Harry Potter is ****in gay!! you nerds need to get out of your house and into society and start making some friends , soon you'll be talkin about star wars on guitar a website!!!!!
Who caaaaaaares
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Quote by JRsmoothee
Harry Potter is ****in gay!! you nerds need to get out of your house and into society and start making some friends , soon you'll be talkin about star wars on guitar a website!!!!!

^well you don't have to talk about it.... this is the pit, you can talk about anything here. If you want to go talk about guitars go to the gear forums...... I'm not the kind of geek that writes and reads fan fiction, but I know all about the books(and movies) I was at the premiere for both this year. I read the 7th book in a day yes I am a fan, but I'm not one to do all of the other things that have to do with being a fan
Quote by JRsmoothee

that´s sooooooooo true.
Quote by JRsmoothee

This is the pit which anything can be talked about. Read the rules first. Geez!
Quote by wizards?
well think about it, it kinda does have something to do with it.... you couldn't have him just going around and doing things with teachers, it just wouldn't keep him as a symbol of respect. It just kinda solved the whole problem of him not having a wife too

Not all the teachers were female?

It really has no relevance to the books, nor does it (to my memory) even hint at dumbledore's sexuality. Why does someone have to be gay to not have a wife? I see no reason for this to come out.

Excuse the pun.
Quote by JRsmoothee

Grow up. People don't have to give a damn about your opinion. You're just trying to cause an arguement.