Ok so im doing this assignment for school. We have to run our own business, and i was wondering if something like this would make a profit. i know it sounds rediculous but read my first 2 paragraphs.

Remember this is an assignment!

I plan on running a business based on great sales through insulting. The restraunt will have great food, but even better it will have amazing insults such as “Welcome to Slider’s! The food is Amazing, and you suck!” or “welcome to slider’s! now leave”.

I know this sounds like a bad idea. But if you post signs about the harsh treatment and inform them at the door that they will be insulted severely when they enter, they might actually have fun. Imagine you go there, and you know what kind of atmosphere it is and just to play a prank on your friend you tell him about it, he goes there thinking its got amazing food and service and now he feels like he is in New York City.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
they did it at kitty hawk north carolina and it gets lots of buisness

"Bob's Grill"
"Eat and Get the Hell Out"

they sell lots of t shirts
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
meh... it'd only have a chance of working in a major city where people will go to restaurants for the novelty, and for it to work there, you'd need to have ****loads of money to pay the lease... don't you have any better ideas?
It's been done. Some place in Chicago is famous for it apparently.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Theres a place in Chicago like that called Dicks Last Resort they basicly call you names, give you hats with outragous sayings on them, let you carve in the walls and have the most condom machines in a bathroom I have ever seen.
well i do but its a school assignment of whatever we want to do it on. i live in a small town and i thought this would be a reat idea.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
so now that i know it has been done i want to pursue this idea. from the sounds of it they get great business.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Just write "Restraunt" at the entrance and people won't even enter.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
That reminds me of Coffee of Doom from Questionable Content.
Quote by greasysnowball
so now that i know it has been done i want to pursue this idea. from the sounds of it they get great business.

they get great business because they're in touristy areas. living in a small town, yours would fail miserably. no banker in his right mind would give you a loan.

of course, your teacher probably won't grade on plausibility, so what the hell
Welcome to Slider's! **** thread!! jk

Your teacher will probably tell you to change the theme. I like the idea, it's something different. People might go if they are aware that it's all in good fun and they are informed about it. I doubt someone having a bad day would go, so you might end up with jolly ppl coming in. The employees on the other hand can't be TOO harsh, they should respect clients patience or your business will loose it's customers real quick.

Refuse to feed fat ppl
Last edited by velly69 at Oct 22, 2007,
oh haha i made a typo! thanks for informing me Mad...
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Quote by Mad Marius
Just write "Restraunt" at the entrance and people won't even enter.

lol Spot on bud
well the insulting would be done tastefully for the reason of children, and it would be done in small doses
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
well know i said i live in a small town, i didnt inform you that in this assignment we can choose where the environment is and whatnot.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
i'd go to it, and i';m kinda picky for the places i eat in, always the same places, but i'd be willing to try the place out, if they have amazing pizza
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by 14shadesofblue
they did it at kitty hawk north carolina and it gets lots of buisness

"Bob's Grill"
"Eat and Get the Hell Out"

they sell lots of t shirts

Dude I love that place, I go to kitty hawk all the time. Are you in NC?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
When you serve the soup, leave a note for the customer that says "Don't mind the spider, it's taking swimming lessons".
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
It's hit or miss. You'd have to have a grill, or bar, to go alongw with the ambience. It would have a great novelty value though.
I think being outwardly rude and insulting is a bit to much. But if you made it more about spoofing places with bad service, that would work better.

I think having the wait staff wearing t-shirts that say "I'm with stupid", and saying things like "here's your food, jerk" would work quite well.

Edit: Call the place Kiss my Grits , that would be great.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
^ Alice doesn't live here anymore.

Quote by greasysnowball
Ok so im doing this assignment for school. We have to run our own business, and i was wondering if something like this would make a profit. i know it sounds rediculous but read my first 2 paragraphs.

Remember this is an assignment!

I plan on running a business based on great sales through insulting. The restraunt will have great food, but even better it will have amazing insults such as “Welcome to Slider’s! The food is Amazing, and you suck!” or “welcome to slider’s! now leave”.

I know this sounds like a bad idea. But if you post signs about the harsh treatment and inform them at the door that they will be insulted severely when they enter, they might actually have fun. Imagine you go there, and you know what kind of atmosphere it is and just to play a prank on your friend you tell him about it, he goes there thinking its got amazing food and service and now he feels like he is in New York City.

You wanna tell me how both of those things can happen?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by wizards?
reverse psycology(sp?) is a great tool....

brownie points to whoever can tell me what that's from

thats from the Ed Edd and Eddy that was on this morning. lol, yeah im 17 and watch Ed Edd and Eddy, is that a problem?

anyway. its been done before, you arent the first to do this so........im not sure if it would be that cool.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
It would work if it was a sport's bar type atmosphere.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
this is quite freaky actually, i was joking about today and saying that i should make a games console that insults you as you play and does what it wants. so it changes the controller configs halfway through playin n stuff. i thought itd be so funny.

so then i come on and see this lol...scary.
I can already picture the news articles:

African-American sues racist restaurant

An man who was in for what he thought would be a pleasent evening at a restaurant was shocked when he entered the building. "They weren't happy with a black man in their place, and showed this by insulting me until I left."
What grade are you in ?
'Cause your more illiterate than the paki at the cornerstore.
Quote by The*Music*Man
thats from the Ed Edd and Eddy that was on this morning. lol, yeah im 17 and watch Ed Edd and Eddy, is that a problem?

anyway. its been done before, you arent the first to do this so........im not sure if it would be that cool.

I'm 15 and watch hannah montanna. and she can't act to save her ****ing life.
neway, i think it could be a good idea if u don't take it to far, just things like'you want fries with that, *generic polite insult here*'
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

theres one restaurant in Vancouver that has a reputation for hiring snotty jerkass servers. so the place plays that up, and people have fun with them.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Here are some ideas i have so far.

When Servin food say:

“you know, I just saw this huge cockroach in back”

“You want Ketchup? There’s some on the table behind you, get it yourself”

“I wish I didn’t sneeze in your food a second ago… would you happen to have a tissue?”

“That’s not chicken……”

“Do you still wonder what happened to Jimmy Hoffa (look at the food while saying that)?”

“You want toasted Buns? Go sit on a microwave”

“(While serving a bowl of chili say) remember that Wendy’s story about that finger?”

“if you find a hair, don’t complain…. Just pick it out… that’s all I’m gonna do”

When handing them their Check:

“I sure hope I never see you again”

“Wow….. you might need to do some dishes in back..”

“If you don’t tip me well, I’m gonna’ spit in your food the next time I see you”

“Sir, Your wallet is going to be a lot lighter”.

“Wow.. Christmas might not be that great this year kids”

“(if it is a small check) Cheapo”

“wow you embarrass me”

“HOHO! Big spender over here!”
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks