Ive got a edge pro bridge and I'd like to turn it into a part time fixed bridge for different tunings etc and I've been looking into Tremol-no. It's either that or i get the old blocks of wood out, but I'm not entirely confident in that. Only 3 points really:

1) Can they be bought in the UK?
2) Can you do absolutely any tuning you like without the bridge going anywhere?
3) Are they hard to setup?

Cheers.
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
1) im pretty sure you need to order them online, i havent seen one is store
2) yea, tahts the theory, no matter how far down you tune the bridge wont move.
3) theyre supposed to be easy enough but i never did it for myself, so sorry there.
ok theres an all-parts uk store i can order from cheers man
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
1) yes, allparts. (you knew that already, though)

2) yes, the bridge locks down. However, you're still bound by the physics of the strings you're using. if you try drop Z# with 008's, your strings will still be flopping around like elastic bands. You also need to remember to go back to your original tuning before unlocking the bridge again.

3) depends. It definitely seems to be more awkward than the video on the tremol-no site, and on mine (with a gotoh trem), the deep C (the thing which allows you to access dive-only mode) doesn't fit without impeding full up-pull. Also, you have to have things exactly right, or you can feel the trem. it does take a bit more setting up than a normal floating trem, but once you have it set up, you're laughing. Oh, and mine comes out every so often, which can be annoying.

My guess is that at the price, it's worth chancing, but you may decide it's more bother than it's worth. On the other hand, you may decide it's awesome. I'm kinda in the middle- it's a great bit of kit, but more bother than I was expecting, and it's a bit annoying that I can't access dive-only (which'd be sweet for, say, Van Halen in drop-D).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok cheers dave your opinion was pivotal , i was trying to do the old block of wood technique, but i didn't want to risk losing an eye removing the springs. Also the body of my guitar goes inward to prevent me putting a block in without it flapping about. So that was a no go

but i think ill just buy a cheap 300 quid guitar if i ever want to do alternate tunings. alot more than a tremol-no but i don't really wanna **** up my ibanez removing the spring claw, my nerves would be shot if i ever tried it. ill just play more songs in standard for now.
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They are easy to setup.

As long as you don't try to use your fingers to put the springs back on, you'll be fine.

It took me about 20 mins to install it, if you follow the video it is very fast and simple.

Also, Kevan is a great guy. Mine was damaged, so he sent me a new one before I even sent back my one. And a few weeks later, he sent me a whole new tailpiece, in case the replacement ever had any problems.