Poll: Should I trust this guy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I trust this guy?
Sure..you can always get your money back if you get screwed
8 19%
Better be safe than sorry. Wait till you find a good deal in person when you have the cash
17 40%
Sh*t no don't trust him. You're an idiot for even considering this
6 14%
I'm a democrat, and I don't care either way because I hate guns
12 28%
Voters: 43.
I'm really into AR-15's, and I'm itching to buy one right now. EOD, and Security Forces from Davis Monthan bring their M4's into work, and check them into our Armory, and it just makes me want one even more. I found an awesome deal on an M4 style AR for $850 on www.gunsamerica.com. I want it because he has probably over $400-$500 worth of extras into it, and its an $800-$1000 weapon to begin with. Not to mention he has the exact parts on it that I would be putting on myself. The only thing I would do different is add a Flipup rear sight, and an EOTech sight.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976945483/Guns/Rifles/AR-15-Rifles-Small-Manufacturers/Complete-Rifle/M4_carbine_type.htm

Heres the thing: We've been talking through email, and he sent me some more pictures. I have to put this on a credit card, because well money is tight living on your own in an $850/month+ house with a huge car payment, and more bills than you can sometimes handle. I asked him if he had any ideas so that I could do it as a purchase with credit, so I dont get hit with a huge interest rate for a cash advance. He told me that he is an Attorney, and he can take debit/credit, but he has to charge 3% on top of the $850, because thats what they charge him. I just emailed him back, and asked him if he would take $800 to help me out a little bit, since I have to pay an extra 3% and the FFL Dealer fees on top of all this. He hasnt emailed me back yet, but we'll see how willing he is to work with me.

So, should I trust this? If I do get f'ed, is there any way that I can get my money back on the credit card, or fix whatever damage he does? Whats the safest way to do the transaction? Over the phone...email etc...? Unfortanately, Gunsamerica doesnt have a feedback system like Ebay (that I know of). Ive never purchased a firearm over the internet before, but hes been a member of GA since 2003, and he stated that he builds and resells a lot of firearms. Im sure that hes used Gunsamerica before, and if hes been ripping people off since 2003, I dont think hed be a member anymore.

-Chris
I would only buy a gun in person, as someone else said, that and I'd rather get a real M16 (it's a shitload of paperwork but well worth it)

and BTW I'm a democrat and I'm quite fond of guns.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by tylerishot
...Can you ship guns in the mail?

Sure. Theres no restriction on shipping gun PARTs in the mail. So technically you could take a handgun and disassemble it into two pieces and ship it in two boxes. As long as neither part works without the other part, its 100% legal. Also, its legal to ship a complete firearm to an FFL Dealer. This is why we have to go through one, which is why itll cost me an extra $30-$50 for the dealer fees.

And by the way, he told me he would give me the whole thing for $850, shipping and 3% credit fee included.

-Chris
Last edited by GLP standard at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'd rather get a real M16 (it's a shitload of paperwork but well worth it)

A shitload of paperwork, and a shitload of money. I'm not sure you realize whats involved. It's not the legal issues that are involved with owning a fully automatic weapon thats the expensive part. You can legally buy a Class III firearm for $200. However, it has to be a firearm manufactured, and registed with ATF before I believe May 19, 1986. Every Class III firearm made after that date is restricted to Law Enforcement or the Military. Since theres such a high demand for Machineguns made before that date, and theyre becoming so scarce, the prices for them are SKY HIGH. A fully automatic M16 would cost in the neighborhood of $12,000 to $15,000. Thats just a guess without looking it up. Now, is it really worth that much money to own a fully automatic weapon? If you were a Class III dealer, then Id say yeah, but for a private citizen just for target practice, or collecting, or just to say you have one? Ill stick with semi auto. Its not the paperwork that Im scared of. Sure, theres a huge background check, which I know Id pass no problem, and ATF has to have access to your guns at all times, but thats a lot of money

The only Class III item I would buy is a silencer, and I dont really have the urge to own one of those either. Thats actually realistic, since you can pick one up for under $1000, plus the $200 Tax stamp of course
Last edited by GLP standard at Oct 25, 2007,
why do you even want a gun?
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
Quote by stew91
why do you even want a gun?

+1, or need one?

And I don't think "self defense" is a good reason to own a carbine...
lol an attorney is selling you AR-15?? i get a giggle out of it i suppose. I don't really see the purpose of owning such a weapon. I've got a replica M16 that shoots paintballs hella fast. That's probably as close as I'll get to owning a semi-auto though. I've got rifles and handguns but only because my uncle is a hunter.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
why not? shooting is fun, and having your own gun is better than renting one at the rifle range, plus its more personalized. have is said that Shooting is fun already?
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
but i don't think ill ever own a gun, cause i live in israel, so its restricted to pistols (but you need to live in a danger zone or be a security guard... no way!) or some guys get hunting permits in the north.
but anyways, i dont really mind that, cause in ~2 years ill be in the army, and well sure shoot some m-16/m-4's, and if im lucky well get to shoo tthe new israeli rifle,
The TAVOR (TAR-21) which is said to be a very good rifle. YEAH! .

check prices for automatic firearms! http://www.impactguns.com/store/machineguns.html
This is crazy!

and i like the H&K 51, such a freakin' 7.62x51 firepower in an MP5 sized package!
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
I had fun paintballing and all.. but i don't think i'd ever get the urge to pick up a weapon, thats designed specifically for killing other people, JUST to say i have one.

if i was to ever collect "weapons", it'd be swords as they can also be beautiful.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kiwi Ace
Why would you want/need a semi-automatic rifle?

Well, lets see. You're barely an adult, and you live in New Zealand. Not sure if guns are illegal there or not, but I dont think you can own a firearm in that country. So that being said, I guess I can see why you wouldn't see the need for it. However, ask yourself this. Why does anyone that does anything for a hobby need, or want the things they own? Why would you want to own a guitar? Why would a person who enjoys playing paintball want to own a paintball gun? Why would someone who smokes a lot of dope want to own a $150 bong? Why would someone who enjoys doing anything want to own the thing they enjoy doing? These questions are just as pointless as yours. Just because none of you see the need to own a firearm like this, doesnt mean that millions of Americans see your logic. Im not alone on this one. Any avid shooter would love to own an M4 style AR15 like the one Im buying. It goes along with my career choice, and I enjoy shooting at the range.

And no, this weapon isnt for self defense, obviously. Ive never been put in a situation where I need to have a weapon for self defense, but Im not hesitant to use a firearm to defend myself. Though, lets put it this way. I have two other handguns besides this AR Im buying. A Springfield XD, and a 1911. If someone ever broke into my house at night while I was sleeping, and put my life, or a member of my families life in danger, they're going to die, and I would probably be inclined to grab my AR over one of my handguns.
Guns suck! Seriously, tell me what you're going to use a dock-off rifle for other than shooting at wildlife and/or targets.

If i were you i'd invest that money into a nice guitar or drum kit.
Quote by Bennetts_strat
can u buy a gun with paypal?

I know it sounds stupid but...

would make sense

No, you can't. Paypal restricts the transfer of funds for the purpose of buying a firearm. If they found out thats what you were doing, your account would probably be terminated. There is actually a website, same as Paypal used for buying and selling firearms online, made specifically because Paypal doesnt allow it.
omg you redneck hillbillys! you people and your guns, "their for self-protection" you'll end up shooting each other.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
lol, a entire nation buying guns for self defense. leads to?

everyone sitting in their basement pointing guns out their window rocking back and forth.

"i'ms gonna git dem rascals.. oooohh yup i am.. ooooh big bertha's waiting ya dang rascals.."
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by dunda130
omg you redneck hillbillys! you people and your guns, "their for self-protection" you'll end up shooting each other.....

I'm definately not a redneck, or a hillbilly, but nice try. In fact, I hate Rednecks, or "Cowboys". Didnt know you had to be a Redneck to own a gun though. Nice stereotype
Quote by GLP standard
Well, lets see. You're barely an adult, and you live in New Zealand. Not sure if guns are illegal there or not, but I dont think you can own a firearm in that country. So that being said, I guess I can see why you wouldn't see the need for it. However, ask yourself this. Why does anyone that does anything for a hobby need, or want the things they own? Why would you want to own a guitar? Why would a person who enjoys playing paintball want to own a paintball gun? Why would someone who smokes a lot of dope want to own a $150 bong? Why would someone who enjoys doing anything want to own the thing they enjoy doing? These questions are just as pointless as yours. Just because none of you see the need to own a firearm like this, doesnt mean that millions of Americans see your logic. Im not alone on this one. Any avid shooter would love to own an M4 style AR15 like the one Im buying. It goes along with my career choice, and I enjoy shooting at the range.

And no, this weapon isnt for self defense, obviously. Ive never been put in a situation where I need to have a weapon for self defense, but Im not hesitant to use a firearm to defend myself. Though, lets put it this way. I have two other handguns besides this AR Im buying. A Springfield XD, and a 1911. If someone ever broke into my house at night while I was sleeping, and put my life, or a member of my families life in danger, they're going to die, and I would probably be inclined to grab my AR over one of my handguns.

I hope that post was directed to the American, Canadian and Englishman that posted before me as well?

Actually, you can own firearms in New Zealand, with a license, at sixteen. There are license restrictions on semi-automatic weapons, and automatic weapons are illegal. I may be 'barely an adult' (I fail to see the relevance?), but I have shot competitively, and my Grandfather was a very good shooter. However, I still don't see the need for a semi-automatic rifle. If you're hunting (with the exception of commercial hunters) I can understand you going out there with a bolt-action .303, but I can't really see why you'd need a military style, semi-automatic? Likewise, shooting on a range, I've only ever shot rifles designed for small bore competitive shooting, so I guess I just don't really see the point of a AR-15 just for the sake blasting a few rounds off.

The difference with the other hobbies you listed are that, essentially, none of them a require something designed to kill. I don't particularly mind people owning guns, but I still fail to see why members of the public should need to own military style semi-automatics. Especially with all the gun related violence in the world today. But sure, whatever floats your boat.
Ar-15's are fun as hell.

I'd recomend buying a weapon in person just too make sure! try looking at gun shows and small shops.