ok, so i have more questions about my amp...

i still get that loud hum from my cabinet when i turn it on (even without volume). Also the reverb doesn't work on it. it'll work for a little bit when i play through the amp, but after a few minutes of use it'll turn off. After whenever i hit the reverb button the tone just gets all weird and crappy. i know it's not the cab cuz i played it through a smaller 100w solid state amp and there was no hum.

and i also played my head through my friends cab (tyring it with two diff speaker cables) and the hum was still there.

i'm thinking that the hum isn't normal cuz it interferes with the tone. if i play an open string on a clean setting, it won't ring out and sustain long before it starts quavering off with this kind of vibrato effect. so that's what i have so far. any suggestions as to what it might be?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Is it a spring reverb or DSP? I'll assume its spring after looking at your sig. Check the wires to and from the reverb pan. If its a chip-driven reverb sometimes the delay chip goes bad. Also make sure the springs are not broken or tangled. Might want to clean the reverb pot with contact cleaner. If its a tube driven reverb check the tube.
Last edited by uldhppi at Oct 22, 2007,
do you think that could also be causing the hum?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
i had a hum like that on my old combo. bad solders. if youre good with electronics than take it apart. if youre not find a good tech or repair man.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
^Could be bad solder (cold solder) joints or even a bad cap. Did the reverb problem and the hum happen at the same time? If its not something easily seen you may want to go to a tech. Poking around inside a tube amp can be a shocking experience.
literally.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL