I just watched a small documentary about slavery in africa, I just felt frustrated and pissed off. Some childs were being sold at the age of 4 for 30 $, some were dying of malaria but the sick motherf..ckers wouldn't let them rest for a single minute. And they only eat a bowl of some weird food for the whole day.
Do you know what the "master" said when the journalist asked him who was the poor kid (he should be 7 years old or something) with him ? "He's the son of my brother. "
Then some guy who was with the journalist gave him a candy and the poor kid lsmiled at the camera. Oh god that crushed my heart....

How can everybody, including the so-called powerfull people let this kinda **** happen ???

Discuss
I HAVE A SIG AND IT'S HUGE LOL
Last edited by MikeDee at Oct 22, 2007,
horrifying to know this problem still exists. i am so dumbfounded by the sheer arrogance it would take to have a person think they own someone else.

Speechless.. frustratingly speechless
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
go do summit then instead of talking in the pit!
Because they don't give a **** about humanity in general and stuff like this keeps cash flowing, thus keeping the economy running steadily, which ensures that we continue to consume like the greedy, shortsighted mother****ers we are until every last natural resource is depleted and all that is left is xbillion people on a barren wasteland of a planet with no other choice but to revert to the primitive just to survive. And all this so that they can enjoy sitting in their Ivory Towers now and not give a **** about anything other than securing the next election/ getting in on that Persian Gulf deal/ boosting their portfolio.

/rant
The cereal company...*reference to the new episode of Drawn Together*

Anywho yeah it's wrong and one of the disgusting things in this world...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
There arent any natural resources in Africa worthy to the world powers. The way they see it, they aren't going anywhere to help anyone unless there's some money to be made.
**** 30? Hell I'd give 100.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
fucking n00b.

they are powerful cuz they let it happen

like slaves digging diamonds, go do some math of how much in dollars they dig up every day, its a goddamn fortune
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by zultanownsyou
There arent any natural resources in Africa worthy to the world powers. The way they see it, they aren't going anywhere to help anyone unless there's some money to be made.

What?You mean there aren't any natural resources other than HUGE deposits of Oil, Diamonds, Gold, extremely fertile Land, Uranium and Bauxite?

There's money to be made because it's so damn unstable there that it's driven the cost of labour right down below rock bottom, so it's easy as **** to exploit the poor.
no I saw this in a portuguese channel.

the worst is that in those countries some womans get hanged for yelling at their husbands, while some have over 25 underage slaves, without a single punishment.
It sickens me when I see picture of children dying at roadsides and such and just being left there... what a waste of 500 calories...

But really, I doubt i can say or do anything useful in this thread so I will do the obligatory "That's sick, this is why i lost faith in humanity" then leave the thread to go get myself a delicious expensive processed snack from my massive fridge and sit back in my massive comfy sofa as I'm sure most other people here will do despite their claims that they want to do something.

Too bad stuff like this still exists. If only there was a more feasible way for all the other continents to help Africa.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
There is, but all those people who could help are selfish bastards who only care about their great cars and houses. And I'm talking about those big corporations owners like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc...
Quote by MikeDee
I just watched a small documentary about slavery in africa, I just felt frustrated and pissed off. Some childs were being sold at the age of 4 for 30 $, some were dying of malaria but the sick motherf..ckers wouldn't let them rest for a single minute. And they only eat a bowl of some weird food for the whole day.
Do you know what the "master" said when the journalist asked him who was the poor kid (he should be 7 years old or something) with him ? "He's the son of my brother. "
Then some guy who was with the journalist gave him a candy and the poor kid lsmiled at the camera. Oh god that crushed my heart....

How can everybody, including the so-called powerfull people let this kinda **** happen ???

Discuss

The simple answer is that it happens because we allow it. We are the ones who buy the cheap clothes/shoes etc. So the people controlling these slaves know they can make a quick buck.
That true too, but in this case they were enslaved by fishers. There is little we can do except tell locals not to eat fish.
Because it's very exploitable. It makes money, and they're not going to get in trouble. With any luck some countries may start to pick up a little bit, but things like this are always going to happen.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I believe it's possible to make this sort of things stop forever. If there wasn't so much poverty in these countries, nobody would need to sell their childs to avoid dying of starvation.
If only the richest countries helped a bit, huge improvents would be made and the world would be a better place.