Well for the last year or so i've been using a zoom g2.1, which is a decent proccesor apart from one problem, every single amp sim on it is incredibly sloppy and unusable.
im in search of a super tight distorted sound and im wondering if the pod 2.0 could do such a thing.
i don't care to have 999,999,999db worth of gain to get a good metal tone , as i usually use the amps voicing rather than pure gain.
im looking for a 5150/6505 style tone , even though thats asking for alot.

i have listened to numerous soundclips from the line 6 website and they sound over processed and sloppy, so im wondering if anyone here has some soundclips of there own.
no, dont get a line 6 pod, a year or two down the road you'll be complaining just like you are about your zoom. stay away from multi effects processors in general
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
in my opinion line 6's pods are way too digital sounding, i had a floor pod, and got such crappy gain out of it......and it sounded fake
why not just buy a preamp or something
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by chucknorrisbbq
The thing is im practically broke and would only be able to afford the old version rather than the xt.

x3. Not XT. The new pod.

Truth is, if you want something that doesn't sound digital, you're gonna have to get something that isn't digital. The End.
well i was also thinking that i could get an analog high gain distortion pedal and run it through my zoom ,so i can use the zoom for cleans and effects and the pedal for distortion.
any suggestions for pedals under $300aus?
Quote by ChaoticVengence
in my opinion line 6's pods are way too digital sounding, i had a floor pod, and got such crappy gain out of it......and it sounded fake
why not just buy a preamp or something

yeah i thought the gain in the pod 2.0 sounded really digital and fake, and all the distortion on every amp model sounds the same, but the XT and X3 are vastly improved.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by chucknorrisbbq
well i was also thinking that i could get an analog high gain distortion pedal and run it through my zoom ,so i can use the zoom for cleans and effects and the pedal for distortion.
any suggestions for pedals under $300aus?

Metal Muff sounds like your thing. For the love of God, please don't get an MT 2 though. Hunk of shite.
what could the voicing of a metal muff be compared to ?
also i like to use a fair amount of mids rather than just scooping them, are the mids well defined and such?
It's pretty much a flat EQ, really. Loads of knobs to play with (giggle), gives you loads of potential voicings, so the world is your mollusc of choice there.
Quote by webbtje
How 'bout the pod x3? You know, the new one? The one that's probably better?

Was the Spider III better than its predecessor?