Ok im going to apply to a music store and hopefuly be accepted, and in the application form it says

PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE

let us know what you know about the following by ticking appropertly

Music
Games
DVDs

Tell us about the extent of your knowledge and what you do to keep it up to date

Ill be ticking the Music and possibly DVD section but..

What are they asking for exactly, am i suppost to put stuff like i know about different geners of music or something? Help me its my first job lol really want to get it thanks.
ask them, asking questions is always good
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
i dont really understand that application. it way to vague. and why would you need to know about games for a music store?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
i dont really understand that application. it way to vague. and why would you need to know about games for a music store?

Oh no theres more to it. Thats just one of the sections, and its because they sell games there too

But to the other dude..i cant tick them all cos i dont know about games.
You're thinking too much about it. You'll probably fail the drug test.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
having a knowledge of music products, i mean.... the title is product knowledge.... is this a musical instrument store? if its an instrument store they usually want you to know how to play and know a lot of theory and a lot of instruments. if its just a CD store they really dont care they'll probably take anyone
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I had to do something similar for HMV. In the interview I also had to complete a knowledge questionnaire, and pretty much answered them all correctly. the staff there were telling me they got hardly any.

I didn't get the job, probably because my knowledge would mean I'd tell customers not to waste their money paying for HMV's over-priced CDs.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Velvet_Craig
I had to do something similar for HMV. In the interview I also had to complete a knowledge questionnaire, and pretty much answered them all correctly. the staff there were telling me they got hardly any.

I didn't get the job, probably because my knowledge would mean I'd tell customers not to waste their money paying for HMV's over-priced CDs.

o right cool. Id proably have to do something simalir then

and yea its a CD store btw
If you have knowledge in all those areas (medium at least), tick them all and increase yur chances of actually getting a job interview. Here's what else you need to take into account when it comes to job applicatons.
This is why you write a CV. Then you dont need to put up with vague questions and tiny writing spaces. It also shows a level of professionalism.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.