I was just looking for a Violent Femmes topic, and surprisingly there are none. How disheartening.

The band is genius, lightyears ahead of it's time, their debut is a classic, I consider it one of the best cd's of all time.

Blister in the Sun
Add It Up (one of my favorite songs ever)
Kiss Off (the countdown at the end is legendaryly good.)

Just great, and they are severly over-looked I believe.

Before they got old and fugly, and awkwardly winkled.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
is anything after the debut worth owning?
well, other than Viva Wisconsin. that is a pretty neat album.
all i remember about the femmes is that episode of sabrina the teenage witch that they were on.

haha, i remember discussing this with biles ages ago

it was either them or 10,000 Maniacs. Epic times. What a show.

>_> sorry, back on topic.
All the albums from the 80's are worth it, the debut, and I think there are two or three other ones, I haven't bothered with anything past the 80's.

The lead singer of Violent Femmes was like a science teacher on Pete & Pete, the best show nickolodeon ever produced.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Add it up is pretty much my theme song:

"Why can't I get just one ****?"

Good band from Milwaukee a good city.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by j0nmcc
all i remember about the femmes is that episode of sabrina the teenage witch that they were on.

haha, i remember discussing this with biles ages ago

it was either them or 10,000 Maniacs. Epic times. What a show.

>_> sorry, back on topic.

This again.
They cued up outside the record store from what I remember, and I think we did come to the conclusion that it was them. So long ago now though.

Was never much a fan.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
What do you think of Gnarls Barkley's version of Gone Daddy Gone? I dislike it personally.

Good band though.
I saw this movie called Rocket Science last week about a boy who was extremely shy.

'Kiss Off' was playing in the background when he threw a cello through ex's window.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by uhh_me?
is anything after the debut worth owning?
well, other than Viva Wisconsin. that is a pretty neat album.

Yes! 'Get Why Do Birds Sing?' it is amazing. Also 'Hallowed Ground' is meant to be good, though I have only heard a few songs off of it.

I love this band.
Quote by radio_schizo
Yes! 'Get Why Do Birds Sing?'

that will be added to my wish list simply because it has American Music on it.
I like a few tracks, they had a CD floating around college when I was there.

Kiss Off, Add it Up, Waiting for the Bus were the ones I liked enough to remember the titles of, ha.

There were others on there that I liked too, like one where he pleaded for the car from his dad, and Country Death Song (if that's what it's called).

I've just never looked into them past that, sadly.