A girl I know has a problem and asked me for advice, and I was stumped, she's in a very awkward situation and doesn't know what to do and I don't know what to tell her.

copy and pasted from AIM:

"i know this guy,[name removed for obvious reasons], and hes mentally handicap. i asked him if he was going to the dance on saturday (just in a light chat kinda way) and now he thinks were going out. i like him, but only as a friend, i mean, he has already told a bunch of ppl and his mom and stuff, what do i do?"

and yea, I realize there are gonna be tons of stupid remarks and such, just get it out of your system, and maybe there'll be a few intelligent individuals who'll stumble across this thread.

edit: oh wait, I misunderstood what she said (and apparently you all did too), she already went to the dance with him, and now he thinks she's his girlfriend

she was asking how to let him know that he's not..

(more aim copy paste:

her: the dance was this past saturday, so i found out at the dance that he tought we were going out. he saw me at the dance and introduced me t all his friends as his gf

me: damn....

her:so today at school he gave me his number

me: oh, so you actually went to the dance with him and now he thinks ya'll are a couple?

her: yep
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 22, 2007,
Holy **** thats a tough one, well the obvious, just tell the girl to nicely let him down, maybe even find someone to actually go with.
have her talk to his parents, they could still go to the dance together. it would probably be a big thing for him.
let him think what he wants, i've dealt with mentally hadicapped kids doing that before (well, not me but a friend) she just told him no and he forgot about it in about a day
Tell him that she doesn't like him... Is he really mentally handicapped? Or just a little socially inexperienced?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
well it would be a real big thing for him, and the girl shouldnt worry imo its prom night last night of school rite? everybody 'll forget over the holidays
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by uhh_me?
have her talk to his parents, they could still go to the dance together. it would probably be a big thing for him.

beat me to it.
wow... I can't belive there haven't been any stupid replies yet...

and I doubt if she'd want to just go ahead and go with him
talk to his mom and she will know what to do
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
Quote by The4thHorsemen
wow... I can't belive there haven't been any stupid replies yet...

and I doubt if she'd want to just go ahead and go with him

Is she not a friend of his? Why the hell did she care if he was going to the dance if he grosses her out enough to not even fake it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
oh wait, I misunderstood what she said, she already went to the dance with him, and now he thinks she's his girlfriend

edit: check the top, makes more sense now
Best thing to do here is for her to tell him nicely that they're not going out, but she would like to be friends. If he persists, she should see if she can talk to his mother at all, and if that fails one of his friends. They're the people with a better idea of how to handle it on a personal level.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
like i said before tell her to say she doesn't like him, if he's mentally handicapped as in slow he'll probably forget about it. if hes got a mental disorder like manic depression, i'd seek help from someone other than people on UG. (not because UG ppl are dumb, but because i doubt there are many menal health experts on here)
she needs to quit being a lousy bitch and just tell him she just wants to be freinds.

how hard is that?
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
this is my problem, so thanks for all your advice, but im going to answer some ?'s that ya'll have. yes he is my friend and has been for several years, he doesnt gross me out, he can be very emotional some times, so thats why im so scared about telling him. the spark just isnt there
Quote by The4thHorsemen
not too hard if your a lousy bitch :P

there's one stupid comment so far

ohh so letting someone sit there and be confused and in the long run hurt them more just cause you don't have the balls to be upfront is better?

i think your comment is the stupid one.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
... you need to look up the word bitch again.

being scared to hurt someone's feelings isn't being a bitch

edit:
(vulgar, derogatory) A malicious, spiteful, insupportable, intrusive, or mean woman.
i dont want to hurt him, but what if im jumping the gun, what if i can learn to really like him?
Well retard babies or your sanity you choose.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
jsut tell him it's not him, its' you. lol, or that you're not ready emotionally for a relationship. or that u kinda like someone else. or that you that u don't have anything in common, or that u just think u should take some tiem off. or that u were just trying to be nice, but rlly don't like him in that way. like u wanna be friends, but u don't wana be taht kind of friend or something. let him know ur real feelings while also complimenting him so he doesn't kill himself right after.
Quote by drakenshadow
ohh so letting someone sit there and be confused and in the long run hurt them more just cause you don't have the balls to be upfront is better?

i think your comment is the stupid one.

This isn't a case of a guy who won't get the message until you tell him to piss off and let him get over it. With some mental disabilities you don't quite understand a situation and in the long run suffer a lot of emotional damage. So grow up, and just don't bother posting in here.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
A girl I know has a problem and asked me for advice, and I was stumped, she's in a very awkward situation and doesn't know what to do and I don't know what to tell her.

copy and pasted from AIM:

"i know this guy,[name removed for obvious reasons], and hes mentally handicap. i asked him if he was going to the dance on saturday (just in a light chat kinda way) and now he thinks were going out. i like him, but only as a friend, i mean, he has already told a bunch of ppl and his mom and stuff, what do i do?"

and yea, I realize there are gonna be tons of stupid remarks and such, just get it out of your system, and maybe there'll be a few intelligent individuals who'll stumble across this thread.

edit: oh wait, I misunderstood what she said (and apparently you all did too), she already went to the dance with him, and now he thinks she's his girlfriend

she was asking how to let him know that he's not..

(more aim copy paste:

her: the dance was this past saturday, so i found out at the dance that he tought we were going out. he saw me at the dance and introduced me t all his friends as his gf

me: damn....

her:so today at school he gave me his number

me: oh, so you actually went to the dance with him and now he thinks ya'll are a couple?

her: yep

Where at in Louisiana do you live?
Quote by imgonnabe
he is (i think i cant be totally sure) autistic

hmm well when i was at secondary school there was this autistic guy who asked this popular girl out and she said she didnt feel like they knew each well enough to have a relationship and he seemed to be fine with that

i also asked her out before that and she blanked me for 6 months =/