i could either get the jackson by itself since its $1225 or i could get the hellraiser and and a $300 amp
do you have an amp at the moment?

you'll get a lot of people recommending that you split your budget more even between guitar and amp, maybe even spend more on the amp than the guitar.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Oct 22, 2007,
the schecter's better anyway...you have the versatility of the neck pickup and the better (playing wise) body shape
flying V's are more kickass in my opinion
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by dale-banez
flying V's are more kickass in my opinion

i agree, but i hate sitting down playing them, i would rather have an RR5 or RR3 than the schecter though, or rather both of them...HEY ts, how about an RR? haha
Spending that much on a guitar with only one pickup is silly, and I've always been disappointed by the resonance on V guitars.

The Schecter wins, hands down.

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Rhoads is built better, but not as versatile. It also has an ebony fretboard. What about a DKMG? Also, you people saying "HELLRAISER FTW" need to stop. Those posts are worthless as they tell him nothing.
Do you have a guitar? If so, buy a $1200 amp.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
well right now i have an ibanez gsa 60,and a marshal mg 10 cd series.im thinking i should buy the hellraiser and use it on my mg until i have more than an extra 300,so i could get an even better amp.idfk
Last edited by devilmaycrykid at Oct 22, 2007,
You should definitely get a new amp first.

Used Peavey 5150 combo ftw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Unless you can't stand the guitar, amp. but if you can put up with the amp, guitar. simple.

EDIT: But Again, if you got the DKMG, you would still have a fair amount of money left for the amp.
go for the RR24 if its out of those, its a awesome guitar amazing feel, sound and build quality, if you look at the specs its an RR1 but made in Japan instead of the USA it has 24 frets instead of 22 and the pickups are differant eg. it comes with an emg 81 (with kicks arse) instead of semour duncans but thats it.
Its a guitar made for lead, so if you play that most of the time then its one amazing guitar and you should go for it, you really wont regrat it.

also saying stuff like "This Guitar FTW" ect. and not giving a reason gets people nowhere, I bet half have never even played one and if they have it might be helpful to the TS, maybe if you told him what it was like to play and how it sounded as apposed to just saying "HELLRAISER FTW"eg. that way he might be able to make a better decision based on what experience people have had playing them.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Oct 23, 2007,
Depends on the question wether you like to hold a baseball bat while playing or a thin, smooth neck

And of course wether you'll miss the neck pup.
You can't beat the high end Jacksons, but the Schecter is a solid guitar. If you don't have a good amp, I'd lean heavier in the amp direction.
Quote by sepultura alma
go for the RR24 if its out of those, its a awesome guitar amazing feel, sound and build quality, if you look at the specs its an RR1 but made in Japan instead of the USA it has 24 frets instead of 22 and the pickups are differant eg. it comes with an emg 81 (with kicks arse) instead of semour duncans but thats it.
Its a guitar made for lead, so if you play that most of the time then its one amazing guitar and you should go for it, you really wont regrat it.

also saying stuff like "This Guitar FTW" ect. and not giving a reason gets people nowhere, I bet half have never even played one and if they have it might be helpful to the TS, maybe if you told him what it was like to play and how it sounded as apposed to just saying "HELLRAISER FTW"eg. that way he might be able to make a better decision based on what experience people have had playing them.

+1
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Depends... What do you play? How often to you sit while playing?

If you play Metal or anything that heavy/fast you should go with the RR24

But if you play stuff like blues and rock I'd say go with the hellrasier...

Personally being a Jackson fanboy I'd go with the RR24, but thats completely bias oppinion...
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
Depends... What do you play? How often to you sit while playing?

If you play Metal or anything that heavy/fast you should go with the RR24

But if you play stuff like blues and rock I'd say go with the hellrasier...

Personally being a Jackson fanboy I'd go with the RR24, but thats completely bias oppinion...

you can play metal with the hellraiser,it has the same pickup as the rr24,and it also has an 85 in the neck,thats for blues and rock.
Quote by FacingUsAll
You should definitely get a new amp first.

Used Peavey 5150 combo ftw.

Do what FacingUsAll just said.....RIGHT NAO

get a used Peavy 5150 combo (it's somewhere around $600 if im not mistaken?)
and then buy the Schecter

the RR24 is ****ing the sex (i know, i almost chose it over my Alexi SE), but
if you run it through a piece of **** it's going to suck.
same with the schecter and $300, no good amp will come out of $300...maybe a half-decent one...but not a good one.

so buy a Peavy 5150 combo, and if you can, get the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, unless your budget is restricted to $1300, then just get the regular Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Do what FacingUsAll just said.....RIGHT NAO

get a used Peavy 5150 combo (it's somewhere around $600 if im not mistaken?)
and then buy the Schecter

the RR24 is ****ing the sex (i know, i almost chose it over my Alexi SE), but
if you run it through a piece of **** it's going to suck.
same with the schecter and $300, no good amp will come out of $300...maybe a half-decent one...but not a good one.

so buy a Peavy 5150 combo, and if you can, get the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, unless your budget is restricted to $1300, then just get the regular Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

actually my budget is like 1100 to maybe 1200.
i know the amp is most of your tone but i just cant stand my guitar right now,im so sick of it.
idk.
Quote by devilmaycrykid
fck this im getting a job so i can get the hellraiser FR and a peavy 5150.

+infinity
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I'd get a jackson over a shecter anyday. That one, you should get two humbuckers though.

I wouldn't get a cheap guitar, and a cheap amp.

Save up more money, get a good guitar and a good amp.

I suggest a vox with Tubes.... I have one and it owns. the sound is super rich.
hows the neck on the hellraiser though?
some people say its ok and some say its extremly thick.
i have small hands so idk.