I HAVE A PEAVEY TRANSTUBE 258 EFX- How Can i set my amp to jimmy page tone ?

Im 15 an I really wanna know if u guys can sugjest some settings for my amp to get the page sound or the settings u use for Jimmy page , if u play that stuff thanks.

I play a ton of zeppelin an i no over half the songs an solos i no hard to belive but i do ive been playing for 12 years an the thing i have wroung is i cant get the right tone as page thats were i need help thanks guys!!
been playing since you were 3? now thats dedicatiion!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
That's how some people have ****ing huge fingers
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
ultimate setting thread please..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

it depends on what tone u want to emulate, if u want Fool in the Rain or Black Dog tone then ur on ur own pal but for a more conventional song like Whole Lotta
Love if im not mistaken he uses BOSS distortion with high gain, high high bass, high mid midrange and middle treble, play with both pickups on and cut the tone on the bridge about 1/2, use comp and delay if u have that luxury, other than that just fiddle with the effects and keep in mind most of his tone is from the guitar settings...
Quote by Kivarenn82

NO WAY U WERE PLAYING SINCE 3. THEN U SHOULD BE ENLISTED IN D 7 WONDERS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
grab a pedal with a more organic sounding overdrive. like an SD-1 or OD-3. these pedals will probably have more gain than the amps used on the albums, but will be closer to the sound you're looking for than the grindy distortion that the transtubes usually have.
Quote by lunchbox747
Im 15 an I really wanna know if u guys can sugjest some settings for my amp to get the page sound or the settings u use for Jimmy page , if u play that stuff thanks.

I play a ton of zeppelin an i no over half the songs an solos i no hard to belive but i do ive been playing for 12 years an the thing i have wroung is i cant get the right tone as page thats were i need help thanks guys!!

Simple answer - you can't!
Quote by tom_ledzep
Simple answer - you can't!

simple answer i can queer, im prolly better than u now and i couldent play like amazing at three but thats when i started to pluck, more closer to 9 was when i started to get more advandced an got a real not mini guitar at 9 an a half i now have a pevey guitar, les paul cheery burst or w/e (lucky to get it lol) and a fender strat, 1 amp, with a marshall pocket amp, dunno if that would do anygood lol, well i will need ta get a new pedal, ( BUT when one of u said that he tunes his own guitar, DO u no what the tune settings are on his GUITAR not amp, thanks
back in those days.. it was likely to be in e standard. it all depends on which song your talking about. some of them were in some kind of open tuning i'm not familiar with.

and try not to get so defensive about your playing. Tom is more or less correct in the fact that you won't get a jimmy page tone with a peavey transtube. we're not judging you're abilities. its a simple fact about your gear.
Quote by lunchbox747
simple answer i can queer, im prolly better than u now and i couldent play like amazing at three but thats when i started to pluck, more closer to 9 was when i started to get more advandced an got a real not mini guitar at 9 an a half i now have a pevey guitar, les paul cheery burst or w/e (lucky to get it lol) and a fender strat, 1 amp, with a marshall pocket amp, dunno if that would do anygood lol, well i will need ta get a new pedal, ( BUT when one of u said that he tunes his own guitar, DO u no what the tune settings are on his GUITAR not amp, thanks

I really couldn't care less if your better than me, it's not a contest is it? And tbh, if you were really that great you wouldn't be asking the question - "How do I get a jimmy page tone with a peavey transtube?" It's like your being purposefully idiotic.
Quote by tom_ledzep
I really couldn't care less if your better than me, it's not a contest is it? And tbh, if you were really that great you wouldn't be asking the question - "How do I get a jimmy page tone with a peavey transtube?" It's like your being purposefully idiotic.

Well actually its a new amp i got a few months ago so i didnt no much abouut it toneing an stuff ,but i gotta tell ya it really good oon RUSH sounding, an i suppose u r jus jelus that im 16 an u r a tocobell manager seeling tacos and a kid plays better than u an im sorry if im hurting your fellings buddy its just that we dont need smartasses in the world like you and guy above your post thankyou for your opinion without flaming me im prolly gunna get a new amp, anyone think a marssal would work??? an the songs im talkin about are ,( the ocean, Misty mountain, Blackdog, Wanna WHole lotta love, The girl i love, How many more times, Basicaly all of the led songs u can think of but those are the main ones..........
by the way tom i love how u try to tear me down an how u go so far jus to try to make me mad, (every time i read you post its hard to read b/c i burst out laghing thanks for the laghfs man!)
haha you just said you were 16, and at the top you said you were 15. and for playing since you were 3 years old, you sure dont seem to have much knowledge about guitar. maybe you should try to stop being so worried about what people think of your skills, and maybe people will actually help you.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
Quote by n0e
haha you just said you were 16, and at the top you said you were 15. and for playing since you were 3 years old, you sure dont seem to have much knowledge about guitar. maybe you should try to stop being so worried about what people think of your skills, and maybe people will actually help you.

hey for your info i turned 16 on october 24th an u should go to hell, and also u dont have to know all the guitars in the world ancessories an other crap to be a good guitarist. You know what i mean, Im asking for help an the tom guy flamed first so i retalieated b/c it was to funny i had to know wat he would say next ta crack me up!
Quote by lunchbox747
hey for your info i turned 16 on october 24th an u should go to hell, and also u dont have to know all the guitars in the world ancessories an other crap to be a good guitarist. You know what i mean, Im asking for help an the tom guy flamed first so i retalieated b/c it was to funny i had to know wat he would say next ta crack me up!

"an i suppose u r jus jelus that im 16 an u r a tocobell manager seeling tacos and a kid plays better than u an im sorry if im hurting your fellings buddy its just that we dont need smartasses in the world like you and guy above your post thankyou for your opinion without flaming me im prolly gunna get a new amp, anyone think a marssal would work???"

TOCO?

im jelus uv ur typng abelitis

Sorry I'm laughing and that was pointless, but it was funny to me OK.
bye.
Quote by lordofthefood1
"an i suppose u r jus jelus that im 16 an u r a tocobell manager seeling tacos and a kid plays better than u an im sorry if im hurting your fellings buddy its just that we dont need smartasses in the world like you and guy above your post thankyou for your opinion without flaming me im prolly gunna get a new amp, anyone think a marssal would work???"

TOCO?

im jelus uv ur typng abelitis

Sorry I'm laughing and that was pointless, but it was funny to me OK.
bye.

already said my spelling was bad an u crack me up love u to hehaaaa muah
Quote by lunchbox747
already said my spelling was bad an u crack me up love u to hehaaaa muah

You did? I couldn't tell
Quote by lunchbox747
Well actually its a new amp i got a few months ago so i didnt no much abouut it toneing an stuff ,but i gotta tell ya it really good oon RUSH sounding, an i suppose u r jus jelus that im 16 an u r a tocobell manager seeling tacos and a kid plays better than u an im sorry if im hurting your fellings buddy its just that we dont need smartasses in the world like you and guy above your post thankyou for your opinion without flaming me im prolly gunna get a new amp, anyone think a marssal would work??? an the songs im talkin about are ,( the ocean, Misty mountain, Blackdog, Wanna WHole lotta love, The girl i love, How many more times, Basicaly all of the led songs u can think of but those are the main ones..........
by the way tom i love how u try to tear me down an how u go so far jus to try to make me mad, (every time i read you post its hard to read b/c i burst out laghing thanks for the laghfs man!)

I don't care how long you've been playing, you don't need need to make immature replies like that. I could take either side here, but I'm not going to. Just a few tips to the poster, the reason you aren't getting great replies is probably based a lot around your immature replies, poor spelling, and your immediate attempt at trying to show off for how long you've been playing. Also not to mention the fact that this is all being done in your first post here.

Now to actually aid in answering your question, depending on the song you may want to try adding just a little bit overdrive on your amp, and using your Les Paul. However you're never going to get the exact sound, most of the sound is going to come out of the playing technique. There is a reason Jimmy Page is so highly idolized, if anybody could just go online and find a few magic amp settings and sound just like him, than his status as a guitarist would be compromised.
i don't get a big point about copying a person's tone... i mean if u played since 3, isn't this what u did when u were 10?

but as a solution:
i built a Colorsound ToneBender MKII clone earlier this month, and it is THE Jimmy Page pedal. i mean, with a turn of the volume knob, it can go from AC/DC ish cranked marshall tone to full on live jimmy page, all the way to some hendrix isle of wights tone. i mean, it's really a CRANKED-marshall-in-a-box.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard