after spending countless hours on ebay trying to find an affordable marshall or mesa 2x12 tube combo, i gave up and looked for other brands. i had always heard good things about peavey, so i decided to check out the 5150 combo. they havent made it in like 6 years apparantly, but all the reviews are amazing. i know its not a clean amp, but i play in a hardcore band, so i really wont be needing fendery type cleans.

anyone have any experiences with this amp, or the 5150 stack that can give me some positives or negatives about it?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
pretty much 5150 is the standard for metal
bullet for my valentine uses it with a tubescreamer
6505+ is the newer version
its like
teh perfect for meatsteak distortion
i played it at my local music shop
I own the combo. It's a good amp for sure, but is no longer what I want in an amp.If you want better cleans, I suggest retubing it with a set of JJ Hi-Gains, does wonders to the clean channel. Either that or use a chorus pedal or the like on the channel.

The distortion channel sounds a bit too harsh for my liking now, but it does get a very nice crunch sound. It's a pretty middy amp, but I like my mids, so that's not a problem. If gain is what you want, this amp has PLENTY.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com