I'm hoping to get a laptop for christmas-mainly to practice recording (pro tracks)before i go off to skool for it.my old desktop died. I'm not all that great with computer specs so i need some suggestions.hopefully i can find something kinda cheap...???
umm, i've got a macbook pro, but any mac laptop should come with GarageBand on it, and that can be used to record.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
well, if i can record with a PIII clocked at 700mhz and 256 megs of ram laptop.. i'm sure whatever you get will be just fine.

most computers nowadays start at 1.8 ghz dualcore with about a gig of ram and 250 gig HD which will be more than enough if you're just doing demos and quick ideas. the minimum specs level will climb depending on the type of hardware you're going to be getting for recording.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
If you want above-crappy sound quality, buy an external sound card for it.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by IbanezSA160
If you want above-crappy sound quality, buy an external sound card for it.

yup. definitely stay away from integrated sound cards.. integrated anything for that matter.
All i know i'll be using right now is Pro Tracks Plus, BIAS Deck 3.5 SE,and I have Lexicon Pantheon reverb plug in.
you should actually post this up in the riffs and recordings forum. you'll get much better answers there.

sorry just thought of it now. :P
regular macbook is only like 1 thousand... idk if thats in your price range or not but its good for recording and basically anything but games
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by Kivarenn82
you should actually post this up in the riffs and recordings forum. you'll get much better answers there.

sorry just thought of it now. :P

yeah, i didn't think of that....haven't been on UG in a few months.
Quote by Officer Nasty
Can someone list specific laptops, i really don't know the difference.

I don't know much about the program you're using, but I think a dual core processor with 1-2 gb ram(as much as you can afford) and a fast hard drive should be good enough for any sound recording. Also, USB 2.0 for external hard drives and sound cards, and a good DVD/CD burner.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem