Me and my friend are in jazz band, and we are playing at a pep rally on wednesday. after jazz band is done playing, the teacher is letting me and him have a little jam thing. I play guitar, and he plays drums. What are some cool, somewhat popular songs that people would know if we played them? id like to stick in hard rock and metal territory, but any suggestion would be cool. I was thinking of doing Bark at the Moon or Hangar 18 since a lot of people know them from Guitar Hero now.
How about Seek And Destroy, make sure theres vocals =D
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Or better yet, play Angel of death.. ya man ya
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Quote by atlmetal
jordan!

+1
lol
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Panama by Van Halen Alot of people from my school know it as "the song thats in the Superbad trailer" but they like it... or Bark at the Moon
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by thetoastinator
Me and my friend are in jazz band, and we are playing at a pep rally on wednesday. after jazz band is done playing, the teacher is letting me and him have a little jam thing. I play guitar, and he plays drums. What are some cool, somewhat popular songs that people would know if we played them? id like to stick in hard rock and metal territory, but any suggestion would be cool. I was thinking of doing Bark at the Moon or Hangar 18 since a lot of people know them from Guitar Hero now.

sounds like white stripes material to me
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
well if you have no vocals, you definitely need something with outstanding, recognizable riffs. crazy train would do nicely, cuz that would get all the rap fanatics and rockers' attention. and yeah, any guitar hero stuff would be great (god thats sad to say). back in black very popular but may be boring without vocals. ummm.... master of puppets or enter sandman. i almost feel silly saying that but soo many people know them.
Eye of the Tiger! Everyone knows that! =P
When you're done,make love to your guitar then light it on fire.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Technical Difficulties!
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
man this probably right off what you want but have you ever heard the version NSU from cream reunion? In the middle they revert back to their jam band days somewhat. Abit off i know but when i read your post it came into my mind. You could maybe do something like that with a popular song?

goodluck
Guitar Hero FTW

Just play the entire list of Guitar Hero

But just the opening licks, You don't need the rest of the songs.
blitzkreig pop-Ramones only because everyone knows that song and it will get people pumped
Quote by SenseS FaiL
blitzkreig Bop-Ramones only because everyone knows that song and it will get people pumped

fixed.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Ball And Biscuit.

Plus a billion

And "Search & Destroy" by Iggy Pop & the Stooges
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.