Ok som i'm going to have an informative speech about 'how to play the guitar to get the girls' at school. I guess i need some help with facts and maybe some tips like what songs to play and stuff like that. I was hoping to get some info on WHY girls like guitarists or musicians (ofcourse this is very arguable, but i am going to put this as a well known fact).

I read in some article that whilst women are often attracted by males with high cheekbones and stuff like that that are signs of high levels of testosteron, the average male musician actually has lower levels of testosteron than the average male non-musician - which makes it even more mysterious. The article said that there are theories that women genetically find men with various 'social skills' - such as singing - attractive.

Does this make any sense?

discuss!

ps. I DO NOT play guitar for this reason, however i do think that once you know how to play the guitar, why not take an advantage of it to seem like a more intresting person amongst the girls?
That's close to the most epic speach topic I've ever heard.

Why not interview a girl who has a guitarist as a boyfriend? You could get some serious primary sources from her.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
For Deh Monies
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
i play guitar, and im not good with the ladies. then again, im more of a metal musician and i dont go around with a guitar in my hand at my school
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
teach them how to play "f%#$ you gentley" by that jack black guy (it might be sweetley, idk) but thats how you get the girls, f@!& em!
Quote by lespaul323920
teach them how to play "f%#$ you gentley" by that jack black guy (it might be sweetley, idk) but thats how you get the girls, f@!& em!

Tenascious D
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by lespaul323920

nuff said
Quote by spazzymagee417

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

hahahaha
But in all seriousness i suggest talking to girls... and i suppose it all depends on the girl...

not ALL girls would prefer guitarists
Quote by spazzymagee417

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

hahahaha
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Girls like to **** guys who play guitar, case closed.

Maybe so, but i do have to say more than that to get a good grade.

Maybe something like there are different approaches like eg. playing in a band where you would be able to play more heavy music like metal or so to attract women, but if you dont play in a band you need to act more 'deep' with an acoustic (i guess sitting on a chair playing malmsteen-solos on the electric by yourself wouldnt be as effective ).

If you are to play the acoustic guitar in front of girls, then what song should be played?

Hey there delilah is a good choice i guess, but aren't there any older songs to play?

Tears in heaven maybe? but wouldnt it be kinda disrespectful to play that song to get laid since clapton wrote it about his sons tragic death?
yeah, i once posted a thread about what songs get the ladies hot and everyone flamed me for it. i definitely dont play guitar for that reason and i play mostly metal. at the time i knew like only one sexy acoustic song and it made the ladies wild. (i was jamming with my buddy and some girls stopped by, i dont take my guitar to every party like a dumb twat) so you know, if you're gonna play the guitar, you can learn more chords and get better with acoustic stuff while simultaneously getting hotties, why not? im glad some people agree with me.

EDIT: i met my now girlfriend playing Don't Go Away by Oasis. i didnt even sing (cuz i suck at singing) and she still loved it. keep that in mind guys..
kinda off topic but i spent a week at Berklee this summer and although there werent many there were a few girls. the two i soke with were not super great but could hold there own. the one thing me and my friend noticed however is they were maticulous as hell. they knew like every scale pattern and practiced all the time. i dunno. maybe thats just how women are. and there is this chick at my school who verbally admits to having a crush on me. she says im hot when i play guitar. unfortunatley...........shes a fatty=(
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Well if you put it like that then it seems right, but I think there's way more variables. Like the kind of girl, or the kind of guitarist.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
"imagine what else he could do with those fingers!"

as long as you keep 'em guessing and they don't realize that any other guy (guitarist or non-guitarist) could do the same thing, we're still good!
rip out some proper bad-ass shred solo, that'll get you the girls and make the guys jealous.
DANK MEMES
Last edited by Jawkster at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by spoonylove90
kinda off topic but i spent a week at Berklee this summer and although there werent many there were a few girls. the two i soke with were not super great but could hold there own. the one thing me and my friend noticed however is they were maticulous as hell. they knew like every scale pattern and practiced all the time. i dunno. maybe thats just how women are. and there is this chick at my school who verbally admits to having a crush on me. she says im hot when i play guitar. unfortunatley...........shes a fatty=(

Maybe because those girls were at Berklee school of music. Were they actually in it, or just spending the summer there?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
i spent a week there and so did they. im a fairly serious musicican who tends to practice at least an hour a day. these chicks were OD'ing on it. steve vai type stuff.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by Godsmack_IV
anyways, the whole "girls being attracted to guitarists thing" starts failing after grade 8.

not necessarily. i still get the ladies worked up with my guitar in grade 11.
Quote by Roach5
not necessarily. i still get the ladies worked up with my guitar in grade 11.

stop playing to 8 graders.

jk

you can keep playing to 8 graders

again, jk
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Oct 22, 2007,
I think im gonna have some examples of guys that are somewhat ugly and/or play in somewhat crappy bands that still get really, really hot women.

Do you have any examples? Heres some of them i guess (and please dont flame me for any of these we dont really care if you find marilyn manson pretty...)

Marilyn Manson & Evan Rachel Wood
http://www.elalmacendelrock.com/images/MarilynMansonPromo.jpg
http://www.evanrachelwood.net/gallery1/albums/Photoshoots/Photoshoot%2014/macphersonphotoshoot_001.jpg

Travis Barker & Shanna Moakler
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061011/244.barker.travis.101006.jpg
http://www.celebopedia.com/shanna-moakler/images/shanna-moakler.jpg

Dave Navarro & Carmen Electra
http://superrockstar.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/davelee.jpg
http://data2.blog.de/media/141/1253141_c64e4e4b89_m.jpg
Last edited by Artorius at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by Steve The Plank
You should probably discuss the 'Hey There Delilah Effect'.

Y'know, the one where you instantly get head from any nearby girl when you play it.

well tbh, i think that nowadays girls seem to only listen to the voice, and imo whoever sings hey there Delilah has a good voice