hey guys. wondering if a metal muff is better than a tubescreamer with a sd 1 booster. thanks
Why would you use a TS and an SD-1? They're both overdrives, whereas the Metal Muff is a distortion unit.

Edit: "Better" doesn't exist, and decisions about your tone will be subjective. Try some gear, and choose for yourself.

Tool.
what's best for you?

what amp are you using? what music do you play? what's ur budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what's best for you?

what amp are you using? what music do you play? what's ur budget?

+1 ^^^

Personally, I love my SD-1 running through a solid distortion. I would never use it on its own, and I wouldn't run a distortion alone either. I can't comment on either the Metal Muff, or TS, as I've never tried either. Most fanboys would probably say that a MM + TS combo would be the holy grail, but getting to a shop and trying everything is your best bet. Also, don't forget that an overdrive will alter the dynamics of your tone more through a tube amp, compared to a solid state. Through a solid state, the overdrive will just add a bunch more input gain, and sound fizzy, but through a tube, it'll add a new, more responsive level to your tone, as the tubes are pushed harder. These are all things that you can only hear and feel by trying gear.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Oct 22, 2007,