who heres from the mighty state of GA? not many people think much of georgia, but i wouldnt live anywhere else- it birthed southern rock. it gave life to country fried chicken. it brought grits- the worlds best side dish- into this earth. it is the home of the great Allman Brothers Band!
im from buford georgia. but about 2 years ago i moved to crappy florida. rock on GA!!
lol...I'm close by...Alabama (lame i know but yeah),,,but props to georgia...been there quite a few times. I like it. Roxon' Georgia!
I live in alpharetta!!!
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
You can't forget about Mastadon, either! Georgia definitely has some good **** going on. But, Christ, some of the people I just can't stand. I'm from Ellijay, myself, but I'm in Statesboro right now going to college.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Ft. Oglethorpe GA!

It's sad that no one likes metal where I am, though. Everyone down here seems to be a classic rock elitist.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I'm from Al. but GA. is pretty cool as well. I think Florida started southern rock, you know Lynyrd Skynyrd and all. I'm not sure. We have Mayleen and the Sons of Disaster though
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Quote by Nemesis260
I'm from Al. but GA. is pretty cool as well. I think Florida started southern rock, you know Lynyrd Skynyrd and all. I'm not sure. We have Mayleen and the Sons of Disaster though

I thought Lynyrd started in Bama? eh..not sure ... too lazy to search. >.>
Jacksonville Florida.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Hmm...ionno...im like...totally out of it right now...that sounds right though. Cheers.
The north rocks better
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Everyone knows the south produces better guitarists.

someone should make a southern guitarist club or whatever, they have a club for everything else, haha
Cordele, GA right here. Watermelon capitol of the world. Guitarist: needing a band. I like metal.
D'ville, bitches.

GA's great. It's actually boring, in some places, but it's still home for me. I could live in very few other places besides here.

As for the music scene, we have some AMAZING stuff around here, but it's find of drowned out by the utter shit, mediocre music that blows through.

I even think Kennesaw may have birthed the new Allman Brothers. Well, they're a REALLY REALLY good jam band, and mix some styles of the Allman Brothers, Phish, some psychodelic stuff here and there, and are just overall greatness.

They're called Soup.

I love'em a lot.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm part Georgian.

Born in Indiana. At age 8, moved to Georgia -- Habersham County, right in the little nick where South Carolina sticks in. Now I'm 19 and going to college in California (which may well burn to the ground in the next few days).

The Allman Brothers Band was around before Lynyrd Skynyrd, so I'd say that Georgia birthed the first great Southern rock band. I'm not sure you could call CCR Southern rock, but they're close.
Can't stop the signal.