Okay ive been hunting for the best amp i can get for months and realised that i really need a high end guitar for the most full bodied sound and smoothest tone. Mesa Mark iv and prs custom 22?
Last edited by Hellhammerz at Oct 22, 2007,
Its your cash, do what you want with it. If youre going to be dropping that much money into something I wouldnt be asking a bunch of kids what to get lol. Id be out there trying stuff out for myself.

But, thats just me.
DO NOT get a PRS!! the neck heels are large, and its not hand-made. Look into Ed Roman's QuickSilver guitars. Better quality, actually Hand Made, look tone better than a PRS and can be fully customized. EdRoman.com.
Amp choice is good id say.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Its your cash, do what you want with it. If youre going to be dropping that much money into something I wouldnt be asking a bunch of kids what to get lol. Id be out there trying stuff out for myself.

But, thats just me.

I forgot to put a disclaimer...played the gear like it looking for second opinions particularly on the guitar. just opinions no what you should be doing posts thanks
Well then sure, its pretty much a top of the line set up for most all kinds of music. You really cant go wrong with your choice.
Quote by qotsa1998
DO NOT get a PRS!! the neck heels are large, and its not hand-made. Look into Ed Roman's QuickSilver guitars. Better quality, actually Hand Made, look tone better than a PRS and can be fully customized. EdRoman.com.

im in the uk so it would be a pricy import..i know what you mean about the neck heels but its not for shredding..again its all about the tone and if prs have the smoothest most full bodied tone
Last edited by Hellhammerz at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by qotsa1998

Hmmmm, thats funny, because I have a friend who works over at the PRS factory, doing the frets. By hand. If you mean they are not hand cut, find me a guitar that is mass produced that they can afford to cut each and every neck by hand, sand it, and get a uniform shape every time all fully by hand. Just because they use power tools doesn't mean it's bad. Plus if you compare a PRS to a Gibson, much more on the PRS is done by hand.
Also, Ed Roman is a notorious a$$hole
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
I'm a huge fan of using Fender combos. You might want to check out some of their higher end tube amps, like the Hot Rods, Twin/Deluxe Reverbs, etc. I've got nothing but good things to say about my '65 Reissue. However, the real magic happens when you combine one of these amps with its guitar counterpart, such as a high end Tele or Strat. If you want to go this route, check out some Custom Shop models (excellent craftsmanship) with your favorite pickups. The Vintage Noiseless pickups in my EC Strat go so well with the Twin Reverb. Another combo I love (especially for surf music) is plugging a Jazzmaster into the Twin and just going wild.

It's really up to you, but if you're into Fender equipment, definitely check out some of their higher end gear and do some mixing and matching to find your favorite combo.

Good Luck!
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Quote by hippyskier
I'm a huge fan of using Fender combos. You might want to check out some of their higher end tube amps, like the Hot Rods, Twin/Deluxe Reverbs, etc. I've got nothing but good things to say about my '65 Reissue. However, the real magic happens when you combine one of these amps with its guitar counterpart, such as a high end Tele or Strat. If you want to go this route, check out some Custom Shop models (excellent craftsmanship) with your favorite pickups. The Vintage Noiseless pickups in my EC Strat go so well with the Twin Reverb. Another combo I love (especially for surf music) is plugging a Jazzmaster into the Twin and just going wild.

It's really up to you, but if you're into Fender equipment, definitely check out some of their higher end gear and do some mixing and matching to find your favorite combo.

Good Luck!

i have a strat and twin its not what im looking for thanks anyway
if you like it, get it - simple as that

i totally agree with andy here (kurtkobaign)

good luck

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009