Hi, I just got my new Schecter Omen 4 today, and it comes equipped with 2 active pickups and four knobs (supposedly two volume and two tone knobs). The only problem is that I have no idea which knobs do what, and theres no online manual or anything. Im positive that there is only ONE volume knob, because thats the only one that can make the bass turn "off" (or however you want to put it). So, does anyone have experience with this bass that can give me some tips? Also, why the hell is this bass so loud? I mean loud as in, its really fuzzy all the time, even though I have no distiortion turned on, and I have the volume set fairly low. Any help? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that the smaller knob closer to the pickups is the master volume and the other small knob is the pickup blend knob. The big ones are EQ which should be pretty easy to figure out: bass will make it boomy, treble, biting.
uh, all the knobs are the SAME size, but maybe they look different online. Well anyway, Im positive that the top knob (when youre in playing position) is volume, and the other three are tone, or so it seems to me
From Kellly Industries website:

Omen 4 Bass:

"The pickups are Diamond active type which are meant to be used with their active EQ electronics. They are actually passive pickups but wired to an active EQ section. This guitar requires the use of a 9 volt battery. The control knobs are the same as found on the C-4 with four knobs and no pickup selector. The controls consist of a master volume, bass control, treble control, and a pickup balance knob. A pickup ‘Balance’ knob is used in place of the pickup selector. This allows you to change the ratio between each pickup (neck and bridge). You can turn the knob until you get the right balance between each pickup. The active Treble and Bass EQ controls allow you to boost or cut the high and low frequencies.
The only question is, which knobs are which? its hard to pinpoint really, since they all basically perform the same function (altering bass and treble frequencies)
No they actually don't at all. One is the master volume which you've clearly identified. Put all the other knobs flat. When you turn the pickup balance switch one way it should get very attacky sounding like a bridge pickup. The other way it should make the sound warm and full like a neck pickup. Usually turning it toward the neck makes the neck pickup louder and vice versa. As for the EQ if you have your balance knob flat, then each knob when boosted should either make it very bassy or very trebly. There you have all your knobs. Write it down or something if you're going to forget.
the only thing i can guess for the fuzz is either you need to change the battery...
or the pick-ups are single coil... which would be really gay...

i forget the whole explanaiton behind single coil and (?)double coil(?) but you need to find the 'pick-up' knob... i'm guessing it's the other 'volume' knob and find the right balence
if that method is too difficult for you, go to the schecter website, look up your bass, its got all the stuff on there and i'm pretty sure last time i checked had the knobs all labeled
^If you go to their website, click on basses and then find your model. The wiring diagram is available online and shows the placement and identification of the knobs.

To the right of the master volume is the blend control. The treble is above the master volume with the bass to the right of that knob. But download the diagram for more info on the wiring itself.
Quote by anarkee
^If you go to their website, click on basses and then find your model. The wiring diagram is available online and shows the placement and identification of the knobs.

To the right of the master volume is the blend control. The treble is above the master volume with the bass to the right of that knob. But download the diagram for more info on the wiring itself.

thats what i was talking about he just explained it better