Ok, here's the deal. Most of my music DVDs play on my PS3 in black and white. Emperor, Yattering, Darkthrone, Arch Enemy, Pantera and Cannibal Corpse are all in black and white, whilst other UK releases like Megadeth and Metallica play in colour. Now, the strange thing is, Playstation 3s are supposed to be Region Free (Can play DVDs from any region). Most of the black and white DVDs are Region 0, but I don't see why region affects anything in a region free DVD player.
All of my region 2 DVDs are fine, but I don't wont to risk buying region 1 DVDs if theyre gonna play in black and white. Any help?
RULE BRITANNIA
Well my girlfriend got some DVDs in america for her "Region free" DVD player. Some work fine, others are in black and white like you say, others have no sound. I guess it's down to the DVD protection or whatever
The worst part is the player boasts it can play any DVD - when obviously it can't.
RULE BRITANNIA
Sounds like you're trying to play a NTSC DVD in a PAL player. While most players are smart enough to change the output signal to your TV's, it sounds like the ps3 doesn't. If your TV has a function to change its picture format between PAL/NTSC try using that (There's usually a button on the remote).
It's because God hates you.

I really have no idea.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I'll take that as a compliment
My remote doesn't seem to have a button for that, I never took PAL/NTSC into account. I know buggar all about those, what's the difference?
RULE BRITANNIA
Try looking for buttons on your TV.

I had the same problem with my PS2 but with games (I got my PS2 chipped, but suddenly some games started playing in black and white). Turned out my brothers had played around with the TV.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

Quote by cobain_is_king
My remote doesn't seem to have a button for that, I never took PAL/NTSC into account. I know buggar all about those, what's the difference?

They're different colour formats, you can look at the differences in wikipedia or something, but importantly trying to play a PAL signal in a NTSC TV or vice-versa screws up the colours. Most TV's have a pal/ntsc function somewhere, look in the manual.
I've cracked out another small TV for my room, and the DVDs are playing fine, in full colour. Picture isnt as sharp though.
RULE BRITANNIA