Ok, so my internet connection is down in the family room of my house. We do have wireless but i cant stand having to plug in my Xbox downstairs and play in the living room, there is too much hustle and bustle going on. Now i know that there is an Xbox 360 wireless adapter you can get and its like 100 bucks. Is this necessary? Is it that you can only use that adapter and no other one? Or can i use a normal Wireless receiver and just plug it into the USB port on my Xbox? All thoughts and help welcomed.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
not sure about that, but i doubt ur signals gonna be great, do wat i did

i ran an ethernet wire to my room from my router
now how much work would that be? my room is directly above where the router is so would all i have to do is drill a hole into the wall and run it down the framing of the house? or is there something else i can do?

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
i just cut a hole in the floor and ran it through while mushing the carpet over it, not too noticable, but considering it was a free fix, it worked nicely
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Quote by nt1440
not sure about that, but i doubt ur signals gonna be great, do wat i did

i ran an ethernet wire to my room from my router

depending how far that is you can get lag

since your room is right above, i say do it, ask permission forst don't start drilling random holes, and then just buy the shortest possible ethernet cable (less wire means get's there quicker) and you're set
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
depending how far that is you can get lag

since your room is right above, i say do it, ask permission forst don't start drilling random holes, and then just buy the shortest possible ethernet cable (less wire means get's there quicker) and you're set

lol longer wires do not create lag you tard. unless it was like 4 or 5 miles long haha. electrons move verrry fast haha.
Now another problem, once i run the wire inside the wall to the 1st floor of my house, how can i get the wire into the router, Drill another hole downstairs and just kind of reach for it? haha, as you can tell im not the most intelligent person when it comes to working with stuff like this.

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
I bought one used for about 60 bucks, works great.

The 360 even has a little place where it snaps on and keeps it out of the way.
Quote by ChaoticVengence
just buy the shortest possible ethernet cable (less wire means get's there quicker) and you're set

Thats ridiculous...
can anyone answer the question i posted above before i do something im going to regret to my wall. haha.

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
You have to US M$'s. Reason being, any other won't fit (trust me I tried) due to the depth of the case.
Quote by STERIOGRAM134
Now another problem, once i run the wire inside the wall to the 1st floor of my house, how can i get the wire into the router, Drill another hole downstairs and just kind of reach for it? haha, as you can tell im not the most intelligent person when it comes to working with stuff like this.

any help?

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Geez redhot...calm down...

Anyway, i reccomend just getting the wirless thing...

I wouldn't drill a hole in the roof...

That one looks pretty good for the price

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-B-Game-Adapter-WGA11B/dp/B0002M4HXC
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
^ I was only pointing him in the right direction. The rules on these forums are to report someone if they've posted something in the wrong place which is simply what I was doing.
Its the pit man. chill out. and this isnt just about the system, its more about how i can get internet access. relax.

Gear.
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat