Page 1 of 4
I was talking to someone the other day that thinks Kurt Cobain single-handedly destroyed heavy metal.
I dont think he did.. but he didnt help it completely.

yes or no.
Poll up.
somewhat, I can't say that I like any nu-metal or rock bands out today. definetly not a cobain fan myself
Single-handedly, no. Was he part of the reason, yes.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
When the hell was heavy metal destroyed?

So I guess my answer is no, considering that Metal never was or has been destroyed.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman

So I guess my answer is no, considering that Metal never was or has been destroyed.

Yeah, and that Kurt wasn't part of the Metal scene at all..
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
No.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
well seeing as how many metalheads and metal bands there actually are.... No, not really.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
No, but grunge helped to destroy the trend that was hair metal. The destruction of hair metal ultimately helped the metal genre greatly.
kurt cobain destroyed music in the 90's period. Worst band to ever exist was nirvana, i rejoiced on the day i heard the faggot blew his brains out.
i think some people didnt get the question, its said that kurt (GRUNGE) single handedly destroyed metal.. i dont believe so, nirvanas alright, and the state of metal was already pretty bad in my opinion, hair metal and such. i love it but some of it was pure crap

but for whoever thinks kurt single handedly destroyed metal.. someone really oughta shoot them in the head with a shotgun.. and turn it into a conspiracy about a sucide
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
No. But he fo' sho contributed to it.
Also, Heavy Metal got "dusty". He never was destroyed.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

yea... kurt was grunge..... I don't think he had any influence on metal...

and metal isn't dead or destroyed, there may be plenty of stuff out there that's "metal" that sucks, but there's plenty of good stuff out there
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 22, 2007,
I seriously want someone to tell me when Metal was destroyed.

Sure, Metal isn't as mainstream as it used to be, but it's far from dead. Look at Lamb Of God, Black Label Society, Dimmu Borgir, Mastodon, Metallica, Children of Bodom, etc.

All are great Metal bands that still tour/produce albums all the time.

Hell, look at Iron Maiden. They've been around since the beginning, and they still have albums coming out, and selling!

Don't tell me Metal is dead.....anyone with eyes and ears can tell that it isn't.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I seriously want someone to tell me when Metal was destroyed.

Sure, Metal isn't as mainstream as it used to be, but it's far from dead. Look at Lamb Of God, Black Label Society, Dimmu Borgir, Mastodon, Metallica, Children of Bodom, etc.

All are great Metal bands that still tour/produce albums all the time.

Hell, look at Iron Maiden. They've been around since the beginning, and they still have albums coming out, and selling!

Don't tell me Metal is dead.....anyone with eyes and ears can tell that it isn't.

Way to misread the question, you've mentioned one Heavy Metal band in your post and they were around beforehand!

he didnt play heavy metal it wasnt even metal
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
No, metal was never destroyed and is still going strong. He helped destroy the crappy hair bands, so I applaud him for that because hair metal was getting repetitive and crappier as the years went on.
he killed hair metal

edit: not alone obviously. but he helped the most.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Oct 22, 2007,
Kurt Cobain. Heavy Metal. I just don't see the connection...

Besides Metal is not dead, it just has to evolve, it would never last if every band did the same thing
Pfft no. you cannot kill the metal, just look at Nickleback^^
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
Kurt Cobain couldn't kill heavy metal nor hair metal...alone at least
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Originally Posted by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?
Quote by Alix_D
Way to misread the question, you've mentioned one Heavy Metal band in your post and they were around beforehand!

Yeah, I kinda did get off topic a little....sorry about that, I just hate it when anyone says that metal is dead. No, Kurt did not single handedly destroy hair metal, all grunge bands did it together.

I personally kinda like hair metal. Most people don't though....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman

+1
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
metal will never die. everyday there are just less and less people who still follow its roots and actually appreciate its beauty.
Quote by ThunderFingers
Kurt Cobain. Heavy Metal. I just don't see the connection...

Besides Metal is not dead, it just has to evolve, it would never last if every band did the same thing

I can, Heavy Metal's dominance of Rock music ended with Grunge, most people are taking it as 'Nirvana were a crap Heavy Metal band, it's their fault Heavy Metal passed away' when it's not.
Quote by dudetheman
Yeah, I kinda did get off topic a little....sorry about that, I just hate it when anyone says that metal is dead. No, Kurt did not single handedly destroy hair metal, all grunge bands did it together.

I personally kinda like hair metal. Most people don't though....

Metal isn't going to die, you're quite right, but I doubt it'll ever reach the highs of the Heavy Metal era again, and if it does, it'll be with significantly less codpiece
Metal isn't dead.. it's not as popular as it once was, but I like it that way.
Quote by ThirdEyeSurfer
Pfft no. you cannot kill the metal, just look at Nickleback^^

hahahahahah

i may sig that
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
You can't kill the metal
The metal will live on
Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
New-wave tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were striken down to the ground
Grunge tried to kill the metal Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground
Quote by Napalmdeth
kurt cobain destroyed music in the 90's period. Worst band to ever exist was nirvana, i rejoiced on the day i heard the faggot blew his brains out.

Wow. That's pretty pathetic, man.
Who dat?
Page 1 of 4