Lately, I have been irritated by the need to switch guitars a lot. My Sg/G-400 is my main guitar, but my Washburn G-iV has a Floyd Rose on it, which I love, because I love using a whammy bar without it going out of tune. I'm not quite sure how the Floyd rose is on the body, is it possible for me to put it on my SG myself, or will I have to get a professional to do it for me? Is it even possible to do?
There's no way you could do it yourself, it requires extensive routing.

You could probably do it, but a real floyd and installation would run over $300, better to just find out why you like the SG better, then go get a guitar that combines that with a floyd already installed.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
The body is probably too thin to rout out for a normal Floyd.

I believe Kahler or Schaller makes a double locking trem for SGs, lemme look

EDIT: Kahler 2300 Professional
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 22, 2007,
A kahler would be easier due to it needs less routing. It also takes less wood out of the body, which some say helps the tone. You can do a Floyd on an SG though: Ask Tony Iommi.
i think they sell like a decent sg with a floyd on it at rondomusic.com for around 270 or something but idk if thats even answering the question
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I like the SG because of the thin body, easy fret access, and it has a toggle switch (I play a lot of stuff that abuses toggle switches).

Will it cost $300 to just install it, or is that the price if I take the one I have off my washburn?

I think I'll just wait til one of my parents wins the lottery and buy that Zakk Wylde V that has a FR. Has everything I need in a guitar.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I like the SG because of the thin body, easy fret access, and it has a toggle switch (I play a lot of stuff that abuses toggle switches).

Will it cost $300 to just install it, or is that the price if I take the one I have off my washburn?

I think I'll just wait til one of my parents wins the lottery and buy that Zakk Wylde V that has a FR. Has everything I need in a guitar.

Well idk about your washburn, but it's probably a licensed floyd, which I can tell you from personal experience is crap.

Look, it's idiotic to rip the bridge out of one guitar, then take a big chunk out of another, just to install a cheap, poorly made tremolo that won't last long (not too mention you'll need to drill holes for the locking nut).

Your best option would be to sell the SG and Washburn and get something that already has all the options.

As far as the Zakk Wylde V. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~