I already have a Fender BLender, and I'm looking at gettign a Tonebone CLassic distortion. Is it a waste to have fuzz and distrtion, or is is pointless?
No, I use my amps distortion for some things and my two fuzzes for other things, they sound totally different.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Fuzz and distortion are quite a bit different when it comes to a comparison of the final product (the tone)

Fuzz is generally smoother, can get a bit gritty, but it's nothing more than a light bite.

Distortions feel more open, a little more clear and less compressed than fuzz, and have more gain to them.

Buying both would not be a waste. You might want to try out both to make sure one of them isn't redundant when used with the Fender Blender. Try out as many as possible!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
actually, i think fuzz can be really smooth and compressed, all the way to a cranked marshall tone, make a Tone Bender MKII and tell me you cant. with a couple of twists of the volume knob, you can get quite different tones. AC/DC with the volume at 2, live Zeppelin at volume 5, at 7 Jimi Hendrix at woodstock, and at 10 hendrix at Isle of Wights. i think a fuzz is all you need if you're looking for some kind of clipping.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
actually, i think fuzz can be really smooth and compressed, all the way to a cranked marshall tone, make a Tone Bender MKII and tell me you cant. with a couple of twists of the volume knob, you can get quite different tones. AC/DC with the volume at 2, live Zeppelin at volume 5, at 7 Jimi Hendrix at woodstock, and at 10 hendrix at Isle of Wights. i think a fuzz is all you need if you're looking for some kind of clipping.

I'll have to give one of those a shot then
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^u sure do. it's a monster. haven't tried a fuzz face yet, i'm gonna build one, but the MKII was damn good when it was in my posession.

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard