hey I've seriously been thinking of buying a set and learning some but I have not clue what is good and what is crap in terms of drums....can anyone help?
Drums can be quite expensive, I recommend not cheaping out on those real basic starter kits, because they fall apart in a few weeks...not that I'm saying you should go get a Pearl Masters or DW or something lol
I don't want the best, they don't even have to be great. But they would have to be you know somewhat good and last a good while...and not cost me like my life savings[too young to have a real job so I just have to work for my dad]
Last edited by Entendu at Oct 22, 2007,
yo just play bongos dude. swear to god.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
ya.. drums r expensive as sh it.. but if ur serious about it, u should get a pearl.. im not sure how much they r, but i have two friends who both have pretty nice set
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
I'd imagine you would start with basic rhythm work on just a snare before just jumping in and buying an entire set. You might feel overwhelmed.
Who dat?
You'll probably have to have at least $500 to get a kit that is playable, but it still wouldnt be that great. Be sure to look into used drum sets.
I have a Ludwig I got for FREE!!!!!!!! My friend moved and doesn't have room for them.

I recommend getting a second hand set.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
pearl forum or export kits are really good starter kits
Tama & Taye dont have that bad of a starter kit aswell
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
Quote by Anarion614
I'd imagine you would start with basic rhythm work on just a snare before just jumping in and buying an entire set. You might feel overwhelmed.

I mean like I can play simple stuff on a set...I'm not completely unfamiliar with them I just have never seriously wanted one until recently
Quote by Entendu
I mean like I can play simple stuff on a set...I'm not completely unfamiliar with them I just have never seriously wanted one until recently

Ohh alright. My bad for being stupid

But look at secondhand kits.
Who dat?
Truth custom drums are fantastic but,expensive. Only get them if you're really serious after trying to play for a while.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Yea I was gonna be checking ebay and ask people if they know anyone selling and check pawn shops but I don't wana see a set thats cheap and buy it and then it end up being horrible so I wanted to get some help because I have no clue whats good or not
Get a Tama Imperial Star. Lovely Kit.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Get a Groove Percussion. Only $300 for a quality kit that will get you through your first couple years of playing.
My bro got a cheap kit used for $100 (hi-hat, crash, bass, 3 toms, snare). It's enough to learn on, and lots of fun to mess around with. I definitely recommend looking second-hand, especially for a first set.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by FireandFlames
Tama, even for the lower end price range, have some good sets.

The Tama Swingstar sets are inexpensive and get you a great bang for your buck.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
The Tama Swingstar sets are inexpensive and get you a great bang for your buck.

Yeah, the Superstar sets are also pretty good for sets under $1000.

Also, the Imperialstars as well.
Either buy a really ****ty one (Like $200 or less)

Or shell out good money for a nice one. If you end up not liking it, you can sell it for decent money.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
are sonor, pulse, or ludwig crap???
Last edited by Entendu at Oct 22, 2007,
My friend has an electric set so the cymbals will suck once we start jamming so I'm planning on buying a cheap set and learning a little on it then he could use it......Just make sure you don't buy one that will fall apart after a few weeks....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'd cheap out on the actual shells but get some nicer cymbals and hardware. Almost any modern shells won't sound half-bad if you put good heads on them and tune them properly.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?