Hey I read somewhere that you can configure your Line 6 Spider III amp to work better with different kinds of pickups but i have no clue how. Help, anyone?
I would like to know how as well. I am getting new EMG 81 and 60 and really would like to know this trinket for my 120
hey man spider III is good amps. line6 rocks
I am The Great Cornholio !
I need T.P. for my bunghole !
Quote by -MintSauce-
First, open your window, then try the "Toss out of the window, and buy a decent amp" function. It's sick.

HAHAHA! No.
Quote by -MintSauce-
First, open your window, then try the "Toss out of the window, and buy a decent amp" function. It's sick.

oh maaaaaaaaan that was HIlarious! did you think of that aaaaaaaaaaall by yourself?????????lolzlolzlolz
Quote by Mistaa Man
hey man spider III is good amps. line6 rocks

sure. if you like to sound like you're plugged into a cheese grater.
Quote by -MintSauce-

Hey man he's asking a simple question, not everyone can go out and get a new amp just like that. Some people pretty much get whatever and have to deal with it. If you won't answer his question don't post stuff like that.

Sorry to get all pissy about it but at least I'm not reporting.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by wannabebassist2
oh maaaaaaaaan that was HIlarious! did you think of that aaaaaaaaaaall by yourself?????????lolzlolzlolz

And that was so original too.
Seriously, if you like your Line 6, you can use it. It really doesn't bother me that much that some people might like the tone. I personally don't like it.
But if you mess with the EQs on it, it should work the same. I'm really not sure about if they have actual settings for certain pickups.

And to the guy with EMGs, get a tube amp. I've heard they sound a lot better through one.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by CM_X5
Hey man he's asking a simple question, not everyone can go out and get a new amp just like that. Some people pretty much get whatever and have to deal with it. If you won't answer his question don't post stuff like that.

Sorry to get all pissy about it but at least I'm not reporting.

well, it is relatively easy to get rid of a spider and upgrade. say some poor, innocent n00b gets suckered into buying a $300 spider or MG. They can sell it themselves for around $250, buy a $200 Valvetronix and be up $50. simple.
Quote by jesse_drake
I would like to know how as well. I am getting new EMG 81 and 60 and really would like to know this trinket for my 120

EMGs might possibly sound worse through your Spider than your current pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.