so i went to GC yesterday with the intent of finding an acoustic that id like...

way disappointed. i played alot of taylors n martins and i was way disappointed. like some $600 or so martins were ok...but i did like this taylor 114. its pretty plain n what not but i really liked the tone. it was really comfortable to play n stuff, and the price wasnt like that bad, $650USD. i also played some takamines n epiphones....didnt really like the tone either....that one taylor 114ce i think was the only one i liked....

but i kinda didnt wanna have to spend that much for a good sounding acoustic...
ive heard alot about alvarez and i wanted to play some, but GC doesnt carry them n i dunno where i can find a place to play em in Souther Cali...so anyone have any other suggestions ? i really like jack johnson...clapton acoustic stuff....jimmy page acoustic stuff....ALOT of acoustic Thrice stuff..
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
try a classic nylon string idk if you have but if you havnt then thatd be a suggestion
Send me off to bed forevermore.
i have...but i dont really like the way they resonate....regular acoustic guitars sound better to me....
ya i played one...i dunno if it was artist series...it was nice...but i still liked how the taylor sounded better....anyone know where in southern cali i can try out other types of acoustics...?
If you're looking for an Alvarez dealer, go here and enter your zip code. Hopefully there's a Sam Ash near you because they carry a lot of stuff.
If you're looking for a good-sounding Alvarez under the aforementioned price range, check out the Alvarez Koa.
Death to Ovation haters!