Superb post punk band from Howard Devoto after the Buzzcocks ended. Any fans?

If you are new, check out these songs for a taste:

Motorcade
A Song From Under The Floorboards
Definitive Gaze
Burst
Shot By Both Sides
Sweetheart Contract.

anything on Real Life, really. Or Correct Use of Soap.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Barry Adamson, the bassist, is AMAZING. Great, great lines for any genre, plus work with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and David Lynch. He's like an indie bassist's dream lover.

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Yertle, you know me too well!
Seriously though, great post-punk. Really underrated, it's a shame.

They're pretty good but I only I have Real Life. My favourite songs of the record are My Tulpa, Recoil, My Mind Ain't So Open and Touch and Go . They have a lot of average songs and sometimes I find Devoto's voice a bit annoying after a while but they are pretty good. I also love it when it cracks in on Motorcade.

But as far as post-punk goes Wire's first 3 albums top everything.

Btw the Buzzcocks carried on after Devoto left (in 1976). He wasn't in any official Buzzcocks recordings.
Personally I'd put Magazine above Wire. Always felt Wire get a bit more attention than they deserve, but that's just personal preference I guess.

Barry's solo stuff is just as good, if not better. I think 'My friend the fly' was my favourite song of last year, just fantastic.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Wire are one of my favorite bands so I think they deserve the praise. Both bands sound quite similar at times, it's just I find Wire's melodies/vocals just give them the edge. Musically Magazine are better though.

Both are great bands though. Has anyone ever come across the Messthetics compilations? It's loads of random post-punk bands from the 70's/80's that never really got big. I came across one in All ages Records in Camden after the guy was playing it in the shop. A nice little find. It definitely will please fans of Wire, Magazine.
I've seen the messthetics compilations around (I seem to remember there being two or three, maybe be wrong on that though), but I'd highly recommend the couple of 'Can't stop it' compilations as well. Australian post-punk stuff, great compilations.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Haha. For me,

Gang of Four > Magazine > Wire as far as the big guns of Post Punk go, but I love all three bands. I think Chairs Missing is absolutely brilliant, but I can't really get into Pink Flag wirewise. I don't have 154, however.

I'm going to check out Messthetics. Maybe we should just make a Post Punk thread.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Gang of Four is one of the ultimate post punk bands for me as well. I thought we had a post punk thread long ago...

Quote by Yertle
Haha. For me,

Gang of Four > Magazine > Wire as far as the big guns of Post Punk go, but I love all three bands. I think Chairs Missing is absolutely brilliant, but I can't really get into Pink Flag wirewise. I don't have 154, however.

I'm going to check out Messthetics. Maybe we should just make a Post Punk thread.

Pink Flag is amazing. But I'm a huge punk fan anyway so I can see why people think it is overrated. If you like Chairs Missing, you'll probably like 154. It's a bit weirder though. I wouldn't say its better than the first 2 albums, but I love it anyway.

Gang of Four are quality.