My guitar crackles and buzzes unless I am touching a string. I searched this topic, and couldn't find a solution to this.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
sounds like cheap cables or pickups. better cables have a lining in them that reduces noise, what kind of pickups are you using? are you facing a tv or PC when the noise happens? that can cause it too. its nothing serious, i bet it goes away when you play doesnt it?
does it have single coil pickups? also sounds like you may not have a ground working right. Does it have a tremolo, and if so, is it grounded to the trem claw?
no their humbuckers and I don't have a tremolo
I have pretty nice cables and it still buzzes when I face away from the tv or amp
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Whats your guitar and the wiring setup? I need to know how many pickups, how many pots, and how many switches are on it. Sounds to me like a bad ground, but I can't point you a diagram to check the wiring against until I know more about your guitar.
a loose ground wire (maybe from a loose wire to guitar jack, or loose wire to the bridge)

a bad cable

you say you have humbuckers, but outside sources like bad AC pedal adapters, dimmer lights, computers, fans, bad home outlets, can all cause hum.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
check the grounding wire.

if you get buzz when youre not touching the strings or bridge, thats what it is 99% of the time.

if the grounding is completely fine, try changing the outlet you plug your amp/effects in to.
I've always had this some with my guitars under heavy gain. Honestly that includes right after I rewired them and checked all the connections. Get used to cranking the volume off at the end of songs or killing the distortion. Clean through any of my amps though it's nice and quiet.
I get that if I have distortion or overdrive up really high...

Other than that, check your grounding cable
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by CJRocker
Whats your guitar and the wiring setup? I need to know how many pickups, how many pots, and how many switches are on it. Sounds to me like a bad ground, but I can't point you a diagram to check the wiring against until I know more about your guitar.
2 pickups, 2 pots, one switch and 2 knobs
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
could you just have a cheap amp?
I had a cheap amp (yes cheaper than the MG in the sig) and it buzzed even in the clean channel :p

Are you standing up when it happens? cause with my current set up mine buzzes abit cause the cables at an angle and seems t have a break as a result (just a thought)
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
I asked a similar question a while ago when I was tinkering with my brother's strat. Check this out

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506419
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I don't really know a ton about guitar wiring and probably not going to take it apart unless I can get step by step directions
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
I just tightened the nut where the jack goes in the guitar and that buzz is gone. But now there's a louder, different kind of buzz. And I think sajuuk was right. I'm pretty sure it's the amp.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman

ok well i wasnt here to stop you. i just said a loose input wire. i didnt say to hand tighten the input jack.
anyway there's a chance you had a loose wire, and spinning it like you did, just ripped it off.
so go ahead and open the jack, see if the 2 wires are still attached.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011