... what a fantastic bassist this guy is.

I've been a Magazine fan for a while, and always vaguely knew the basslines were great, but ****, this guys credentials are pretty spectacular. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and David Lynch soundtracks as well?

For a musician in a post punk band, his basslines are very diverse - from funk and slap (obviously/especially in the great cover Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) to some fretless pieces throughout the catalogue and just a general great sense of melodicism in intense songs.

Here. Listen to him. You know you want to. Listen to anythign off the Magazine albums Real Life or Correct Use of Soap, especially:

A Song From Under The Floorboards
Motorcade
Definitive Gaze
Stuck
My Tulpa
Shot By Both Sides
Sweetheart Contract

because UG bass forumers are so open ( ) to new music, I thought you'd enjoy this. before it quickly dissapears
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Last edited by Yertle at Oct 22, 2007,
His work for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are worth a listen as well. The Abattoir Blues Tour is one of my favourite live albums, but I'm a little odd in my tastes.

God, I am glad there is at least one other Magazine fan on this forum! Good recommendations Yertle!
I wasn't totally sure which albums/songs to reccomend for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) because I only have albums past Tender Prey, after he had left (I got into him through Birthday Party), but I should definately pick Abbattoir up.

Yeah, I recall we're the Bass forum's only Pere Ubu fans as well.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove