I was just jamming with my drummer and I was riffing a riff out, and my amp made a strange popping noise and the power went out on it. Tried turning it back on and it wouldn't power up. Does anyone know what could have happened and how I could test it out?

Peavey Valveking 112 50W Combo amp .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Did that, it looked normal ;\. Nothing too conspicuous. And to the Jazz 3's, I don't like em :P
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

How can I check that ^ ?.

edit; wait well, if the tubes were bad, I just wouldn't get any sound right? The amp power won't even power on. I get no sign of power from the thing that lights up heh.

Check the fuse. If its not burnt looking, replace it anyone just to say you tried it. I wouldn't fool with it too much or take it to a tech unless they are authorized by Peavey. I bet you can still claim the warranty, as its 5 year parts and labor.

EDIT: Random thing, but did you try it in a different outlet?
Quote by CJRocker
Check the fuse. If its not burnt looking, replace it anyone just to say you tried it. I wouldn't fool with it too much or take it to a tech unless they are authorized by Peavey. I bet you can still claim the warranty, as its 5 year parts and labor.

EDIT: Random thing, but did you try it in a different outlet?

Yes, I did.. Give Peavey a call?

Man that amp hasn't ever worked right. It makes me feel bad for you. You got a lemon. I would do some serious talking to Peavey. Tell them your history of problems. Peavey tends to be a guitarist-oriented company and they do care about customer satisfaction.
Ok thank you! ^

I think I killed it on accident . I am teh rtard.

Don't worry about it, just what ever you do, don't open it and void the warranty. Just send it back to Peavey and they'l fix for free and send it back. If you bought it online usually the shop will organise the pickup for it. My valveking is just coming back from Peavey for repair for the 2nd time. I also got a lemon.
Quote by vegetoe01
Don't worry about it, just what ever you do, don't open it and void the warranty. Just send it back to Peavey and they'l fix for free and send it back. If you bought it online usually the shop will organise the pickup for it. My valveking is just coming back from Peavey for repair for the 2nd time. I also got a lemon.

Void the warranty :|. Ouch. So I heard a piece moving around in the electrical box thing, so I unscrew it thinking I'll just find that loose part, put it back in and hope it will work. But to find out that it's a forest of wires in there and once you unscrew the screws the screw catcher things snap off doesn't help either. Awww cwrap.

Quote by tr3nt
Void the warranty :|. Ouch. So I heard a piece moving around in the electrical box thing, so I unscrew it thinking I'll just find that loose part, put it back in and hope it will work. But to find out that it's a forest of wires in there and once you unscrew the screws the screw catcher things snap off doesn't help either. Awww cwrap.

Now you're screwed, as Peavey will say you've been in it and won't take it back. Why did you open it after everyone said not to do so?