no.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I reccomend 4-6 times the guitarist's wattage to be heard cleanly.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

not necessarily. read the sticky on amps and wattages.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Im dumb and cant find the sticky. could you tell me which one its under or link it please.
thnx. I dont want to drown out the rest of my band, i just want to cut through a little so people notice im there. im planning on running the 450 watts through a 4x10 and a 1x15 cab. Are you guys telling me that i still wont be loud enough?
what head? it sounds like right now thats more than enough, usualy 4x10 does the job great
4-6 times the wattage is wrong, it is 3 to 4, but that is still means for 200 watts you need 600... unless it is like 400-500 through a 410 and a 115 or something like that
its a behringer bx4500H. I know all you guys probably hate behringer, but it gets decent reviews and i cant shell out 1000 bucks for an ampeg or anything.
use what you have available. 450w pushing a 4x10 and a 1x15 should do fine for most situations. Behringer gets alot of flames around here, but it sure is better than nothing. i say you should be fine. if the kick drum gets mic'd, for a gig, so should the bass. good luck. now, run for your life. the Behringer lynch mob is coming! lol
If your guitarist plays with 200 watts you won't be able to hear anything anyway. I'd say about 70 is more than you would ever need, which means a 200watt+ bass amp (more or less).

I think you would've been better off getting a good quality bass amp of that wattage, rather than an unreliable (as I have heard) 450watt amp.
For the love of god, don't go behringer, I attended a gig over the weekend, and and the bassist used that exact amp, and his tone was godawful.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Yeah seriously don't buy Behringer. Mine cut out constantly and now doesn't work at all and the tone was complete crap anyway.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
And remember Behringer use the peak wattage rather than the average (operating) wattage. The Wattage fluctuates much like a sine curve I believe. What they operate at is about 2/3 max above or below (positive or negative doesn't matter) while behringer use the peak wattage (top of the curves).

In short they say the wattage is higher than other companies would with the same amp.

Flame me if I'm wrong however.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
For what it's worth, my old '76 Marshall Superbass was a 100w valver pushing a 200w rated 2x15; it didn't need run flat-out to keep up with the guitarists' 50w Peavey. Didn't stop me doing it tho...
One time, he borrowed a JCM900 with a pair of 4x12's: I had to borrow a 400w s/s Marshall to keep up. But when the singer actually brought his Strat and used a 100w Yamaha stack, the s/s Marshall stayed strong and clean under both guitar amps with little extra gain.
The difference I suppose, is that Marshall quote output as RMS (Root Mean Square, or, roughly the average output across the bulk of its' range) so they aren't flat out, and have plenty of 'headroom' to keep the transient peaks audible.
I'd agree with the 4x, 5x, 6x power kinda range. So either you need a 1kw amp (or 2x 500w's) or a power brake (or a baseball bat) for the guitarist...lol. Ain't that the way?
yeah, all tone issues aside, the behringer isn't definately not going to have the volume, I have one, and havn't had any quality control issues, I've even got a tolerable tone out of it with a pre in front and a sonic maximiser in the loop (which you might as well spend that extra money on a better amp anyway), but it just doesn't have the volume you'd need, it's not even a 450 watt amp by any other company's standard.
i can hear my 250W perfectly over a 120W guitar SS amp. face it, turning it up full blast is never going to work. Yes, he cuts through better so has his volume lower, but i don't need to crank it to get heard. Heck, im running at 8 ohms and thats rated at around 180W!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by treebranch13
4-6 times the wattage is wrong, it is 3 to 4, but that is still means for 200 watts you need 600... unless it is like 400-500 through a 410 and a 115 or something like that

Like I said, it's what I RECCOMEND. I've found it useful to have the most headroom you can get, even though you only "need" so much. You can always turn an amp down, but you can never turn up an amp that's not loud enough.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist