52 73%
I could care less
10 14%
No, really, I couldnt care less about this thread
4 6%
No, really, I could care less about this thread
3 4%
Voters: 71.
I, too, have noticed that "I could care less" seems like an irrational choice of words when meaning to imply the point that one does not care in another's idea, however the statement suggests that he could, in fact, care less than he does now, so he has given some interest in the topic at hand.
Well,

"I could not care less"
is negative like "I dont give a sh*t"

"I could care less"
means you care even if its just a little bit.
"I couldn't care less" should be right.

"I could care less" is nonsensical.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by The Madcap
I, too, have noticed that "I could care less" seems like an irrational choice of words when meaning to imply the point that one does not care in another's idea, however the statement suggests that he could, in fact, care less than he does now, so he has given some interest in the topic at hand.

Nicely explained
Quote by The Madcap

Thats what I thought, but I hear so many people say "I could care less", that I had to ask.
i could care less is what people are used to saying though, so you guys need to stop making a huge fuss about it.

not that you did, but everyone I know always corrects me and im like ARRGH!
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I have often thought about that too. I believe it is, or should be, "I couldn't care less" because it implies that you care so little about something, that it is absolutely impossible for you to care less. Whereas "I could care less" implies that you must be at least slightly interested.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
It annoys the piss out of me when people say "I could care less", and usually they think they're clever for saying it. Then when you correct them, they say, "It's just an expression, it's sarcasm." No, idiot, you said it wrong. It's, "I couldn't care less."
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
-totally favors simon's explanation or Madcap's because it takes less brain power to understand-
But both of their explanations are right. ^_^
"I could care less" is a totally pointless thing to say, and a total bastardization of the saying...
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
it should be "i couldn't care less" but i guess the "n't" was lost amongst people who weren't smart enough to realize that "i could care less" doesn't get much of a point across
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I used to confuse people with my colloquial use of "I could care less" so now I just say
"I don't give a fuck" I guess it's not quite as ambiguous.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I used to confuse people with my colloquial use of "I could care less" so now I just say
"I don't give a fuck" I guess it's not quite as ambiguous.

Well, if people are confused by "I could care less," it's not very colloquial, is it? :P
Haha I correct people on this all the time, glad I'm not the only person who understands the idiocy of saying "I could care less".
Quote by Schneiderman
It annoys the piss out of me when people say "I could care less", and usually they think they're clever for saying it. Then when you correct them, they say, "It's just an expression, it's sarcasm." No, idiot, you said it wrong. It's, "I couldn't care less."

lol, theres a bunch of people at my school who say "I could care less" but I think the most famous person whos trying to be clever that does it, is Dr. Cox from scrubs :p I just noticed that today, and seeing as someone famous/supposedly clever did it, it made me make this thread.
Quote by PatDaniels
Well, if people are confused by "I could care less," it's not very colloquial, is it? :P

Well when you travel outside of your place of origin and converse with people that have a different interpretation of speech and word patterns yes it is. At home no problem .
2000 miles from home "I don't give a fuck" works.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yes it is i COULDN'T care less because it means your "care level" is at the lowest possible point, if you "could" care less, then your care level is currently high enough to have the ability to lower.

edit: point of this thread? it's extremely obvious and there's no debate going on..
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
"I could care less" shows signs of interest. I voted "I could care less" because I could care less about this thread. I certainly cared more about it than a dozen other treads I didn't even read the titles too. Good job, TS.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.