Alright, so I just converted from D Standard using D'Addario 10's, to E Standard using GHS Boomers 10's.

I assumed that I'd tighten my springs to knock my **** back into tune, and after that, I finished tuning my stuff up, but now, if I do any pull on the whammy bar (away towards the guitar neck) the tuning becomes (almost) sharp, and if I do a tiny dive after that it will go back to standard tuning.

Hopefully this drivel will make some sense to people, and I can get a little help. Is it just a matter of messing with the springs again?

Thanks..
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
Last edited by Abbott at Oct 22, 2007,
Nobody has any idea what this could be?....
Current Gear :
Doesn't help, if I dive foward, everything goes almost flat, if I were to tune with the fine tuners after that, if I pull, everything would go almost sharp.
Current Gear :
You were correct, but you may have tightened too much or too little, keep tinkering, there's a sweet spot where its perfect. If it is going flat after a dip of the wammy bar, then you need to tighten the springs, if its going sharp, you need to loosen them. If you're 100% sure you've done it right, then the strings may need to settle down and stretch in, and in that case, its purely just time.
what i would do...when the guitar is sharp or flat i would hook it up to the tunner and tightin or losin the trem on the back (ya know the 2 screws where the springs are) till the top string is dead on. thats how i do mine and it stays in perfect tunning. even when its not locked. if that doesnt work your trem isnt going back to its oringal postion maybe something is dirty or something? but i think what i said frist will prolly fix your problem.
If you have a locking nut, make sure that they are fully locked.
Been away, am back