Okay. I'm so indecisive. I need both a new guitar and a new amp. My setup is in my sig.

I know the Spider sucks balls. But here's the thing: I REALLY want a Floyd, and I'm REALLY tired of my EMG's. I can either buy something like the B.C. Rich WMD Warbeast (been playing it over at GC... I want to hump it) or I can try to find an amp at around that same price range. I can't wait much longer to save more money, because my band starts gigging next month and I am jobless at the moment. So. I think I could deal with the Spider for a bit longer if it means that I can add a new dimension to my solos... but. It's a Spider. Honestly it doesn't sound like TOTAL crap when it's loud, but it does sound way too processed.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Id say get a new amp. You wont be so tired of those EMG's when you hear what they REALLY sound like through a tube amp. Although I'm assuming you play metal.
New amp.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yep. I play lead in a thrash/metalcore band. I guess I'm just being stubborn. I really do need a new amp. But here is the next problem: I can't convince my rhythm guitarist to upgrade his own damn Spider III. It sounds worse than mine. And yet he is of the retarded idea that it can beat the crap out of a Peavey 6505. Pshh. Coincidently he has about the same amount as I do to spend... his guitar is fine for now. It's a higher end Epi LP.

So what amps do you think we should get? Around $600 to $700. I'm guessing we are stuck with combos. We both like plenty of distortion... but I don't want it to hinder our tone like it does with these Spiders.
I just came across the Vox Valvetronix line. They seem to get really good reviews (then again, so do Spiders for some reason). Would those be a good choice for us? Maybe an AD100VT combo...