I am looking to set up a mini recording studio and I am looking for an interface to record acoustic guitar and vocals to the computer.

So, which interface do you recommend?
Price Range: Nothing too much more than $200.
THNX
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
mackie makes a nice firewire interface for $200 and i would suggest that.

so...what mic are you using?

an interface alone wont be able to record anything...
A condenser like the MXL 990/991 pack is an ok start.
only $100 for a new set.
$200 may be pretty tight if you don't already have any good mics/stands.

If you do have the mics, a mixer with a digital interface (I assume you have a decent PC) would be the way to go in that range. I would get some decent headphones also as you need a good monitor of what you are recording and you won't have feedback issues.

If you don't have any studio mics, then you may be better to start with just one of the decent USB based studio mics and some headphones.
I would tend to stay away from any USB mics because the sound quality isnt great and all but I've never used one myself or have seen many reviews on them so I can't say much about them.

Anyways get good mics from the start and then save up for recording gear. Recording takes loads of money as well as other things to get the great recordings you hear on CDs these days.

some good mics to start with...this ones got two mics which are great for acoustic guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXL-990MXL-991-Recording-Microphone-Package?sku=273166

then you need an interface like this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-Onyx-Satellite-Recording-Interface?sku=248154

An ideal setup would be about $300 for starting to record acoustics.
The products above and a nice desktop computer will get you some nice sounding recordings....nothing like the cell phone cams all over youtube these days...........
Quote by moody07747
mackie makes a nice firewire interface for $200 and i would suggest that.

so...what mic are you using?

an interface alone wont be able to record anything...
A condenser like the MXL 990/991 pack is an ok start.
only $100 for a new set.

I think I might go for that MXL pack
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
There's no point spending a very slim budget on a pair of good headphones.

You can worry about those later, a pair of ordinary cheapos will clock you over for now.