I was talking to my bassist about how I want to start making my own guitars in the future and she told me that she wanted me to try and make her a bass as well. The only thing is that this bass is supposed to be an acrylic that lights up ad has a design made out of air bubbles inside. How is that done?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Mmm, challenging...how much is she willing to pay you?

I wouldn't suggest starting off by making an acrylic guitar, the end results are rarely worth it!
Basically though, you have to cut out and rout the guitar body from a solid block of acrylic, similar to the way you do with most other guitars. However the finishing is done through progressively finer levels of sanding and eventually buffing which can be time-consuming by hand. As for the 'bubble' idea, I think I know what you mean (I've seen cups and plates with little bubbles in them!) but I imagine large blocks of the stuff aren't comercially available, and would likely be a lot weaker than solid plastic anyway.

The light-up idea's not too difficult though...
I don't even know if she was gonna pay me or not. Probably enough to get the materials.

There was these little rectangle blocks of plastic that sat on top of a base that lit up. Inside there's a bucnh of bubbles in the shape of different things in 3-D and when lit up that little bubble figure and the very edges would be blue or whatever color. I think that's what she wants but I'm not sure what design exactly.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab