hi...you may not know me but here's the deal...i will buy a new guitar this friday and a friend offered me a ibanez...but i don't know to much about this guitar so i don't know and i don't want to make a ****ty mistake i mean he is selling it to me for 130 with an Amp so i don't know if i should take the deal...i don't even know what kind of model he is selling to me! can someone help me? are these guitars even good? so if you have an answer...please....help a gentle person
The quality varies from amazing to garbage within their model lineup (and most importantly price range). In the $130 price range, you will likely get something from the garbage side of the spectrum, but not necessarily. Some specific model pointers would help.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Dear God...i don't wanna buy a piece of garbage...i mean the guitar i have right know is a piece of garbage and i don't want to do another mistake...i'm really worried. but does someone know what are the "garbage" models?
Ibanez are widely regarded as excellent guitars, though I'm sure for 130 (dollars, i guess?) it'll be one of the starter models. However, they're all very good value for money and since it's your mate, the chances are he ain't gonna sell it to ya broken....I'd say go for it! How long have you been playing?
Generally, anything that starts with a G - GRG, GRX, GAX, GSA, GSZ - are really cheap, and as a result not so good. Those will have the words "Gio" on the headstock, and I'd generally advise against buying them as an upgrade from anything.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
basically if you can find it on musicians friend or guitar center for under $200, it's probably not worth the money. the sweet spot in ibanez's lineup are the $400-$700 ones.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
thanks...so GIO is Evil...well this guy he is "my friend"...he is kind of an asshole...I've only been playing for a year and a half and the guy who is selling thiss guitar to me is from the "rival band" so i don't know...if i Don't buy this guitar do you think i should b e gettin a Squier? My budget Right now is 300$
Nope, get this.

Edit: or this.
No to Squier. Save up yer money and get a nice guitar later. Matter of fact, if your amp blows, get a new amp, then a new guitar. What amp do you have right now? And is the feel of your guitar killing you, or are you just looking to get a better tone?
thanks pifty guy! there is only one problem...i live in El salvador -.- and that means we don't get those guitars! xD I mean they Tried to sell me a Stratocaster for a 1,000 dollars...so i'll write the Model Name and thats it! i hope luck is in my side...thanks guys! you've help a poor, humble and gentle guy
Quote by Dudage
If it says GIO on it, run away.

Lol I'd like to agree, but I think for $130 it'll be much better than any Squier or LP Special in that price range! If the guitar you've got now is unplayable garbage, I'd take the Ibanez. If you've already got a guitar that isn't too awful, save a bit of cash and go for a Yamaha Pacifica, at the very least...

EDIT: If you can stretch to $300, don't bother with your mate's guitar after all! There's plenty of much better guitars at that price, though I recommend looking at the Ibanez SA series as a good place to start. And I'm sure there'll be lots of other suggestions for ya soon enough...
Last edited by kyle62 at Oct 23, 2007,
Quote by JavaDDD
thanks pifty guy! there is only one problem...i live in El salvador -.- and that means we don't get those guitars! xD I mean they Tried to sell me a Stratocaster for a 1,000 dollars...so i'll write the Model Name and thats it! i hope luck is in my side...thanks guys! you've help a poor, humble and gentle guy

The 321 is a popular model all over the world. You should be able to get a hold of one wherever you are.
Quote by kyle62

Lol I'd like to agree, but I think for $130 it'll be much better than any Squier or LP Special in that price range! If the guitar you've got now is unplayable garbage, I'd take the Ibanez. If you've already got a guitar that isn't too awful, save a bit of cash and go for a Yamaha Pacifica, at the very least...

I have a Yamaha and it's a piece of ****...Lol It sounds awful so I can Spend the 300 dollars in a guitar and use my grandpa's amp or get the ibanez for 130
^Lol just edited my post but here it is anyway:
EDIT: If you can stretch to $300, don't bother with your mate's guitar after all! There's plenty of much better guitars at that price, though I recommend looking at the Ibanez SA series as a good place to start. And I'm sure there'll be lots of other suggestions for ya soon enough...
Also Yamahas are fantastic guitars for the price, though the odd s**t one does slip through QC from time to time...it might even just be in need of a set-up!
they look bitching!...i'll look for them and play them and see if the sound is good
Ask the model from your friend and state it here. Many will answer with get it or stay away.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by pifty
Generally, anything that starts with a G - GRG, GRX, GAX, GSA, GSZ - are really cheap, and as a result not so good. Those will have the words "Gio" on the headstock, and I'd generally advise against buying them as an upgrade from anything.

Nah,my friend's GSZ is pretty fine.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic