so if I were to get a guitar for a Josh Homme kind of sound (for covers and others) what would you suggest? I know he plays Ovation GP's and Maton electrics... but i've heard those are pretty rare. I'd probably be keeping it in C (2 steps down) maybe a baritone?

also I'm aware he uses bass amps and such, I'm really just wondering what a good guitar would be.
He also uses a Epiphone Dot, and they are pretty good on a budget, and if I remember right, you can get them in a baritone form, I'm not too sure though.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I don't think you'd need a baritone for that tuning. Just .11 or .12 gauge strings.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
He has a bunch of Matons, but his newer stuff he has used a whole bunch of weird guitars like cheap Japanese fender rip offs so no one can trace his sound. I always see in interviews that he never wan'ts people to have the same sound a him so he never tells his full set up.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
anything with humbuckers will probably work fine. He's been using alot of semihollow guitars the past couple years too. I don't think you'd need a baritone to go down to C. just thicker strings.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yeah I had just recently heard of baritone's and thought they might work for that.. might not be worth it though..

I've been thinking about getting a Tony Iommi SG, which I hear sounds great detuned. Think if I plug it through a bass amp I might get some half decent resaults? by the way I'm looking a similar sound since I know trying to get his exact sound would be impossible... and it probably different from song to song.